So, I've been playing guitar for three years and I've been wanting a tube amp. I'll probably have around $400-$500 dollars to spend. I play alot of Metallica, Linkin Park, AC-DC, Guns N' Roses... Basically I play alot of Rock and Metal... but I don't know what kinda amp to get. It would help if someone could suggest something. Anything would help.
Im not sure about the exchange rate but look into a Peavey Valveking, my first tube amp and it was great. Although you'll need some left over for a pedal to push it to the high gain metal tone.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me


crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Used Peavey Ultra combo/Triple XXX combo
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
This question belongs in Guitar Gear & Accessories. You'll get more answers there.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.