Hi
So I've been playing for almost 4 years already on an electric guitar (Ibanez GRX40) with a pretty high action (1mm in the nut and 3mm in the last fret, can't take it any lower than that because it gets all buzzy, even with a shim).
In the first year I played, I played like 10 hours everyday
At first my fingertips were very sore for 1-2 months, than I never felt them again even if I played all the day!!!
After the first year,until about 3 months from now, I played very inconsistently - sometimes I didn't play almost at all for a month, and sometimes I played a lot for a few days.
Now I'm playing about 1-3 hours everyday for about 3 months, and since the first year, it just gets worse.
After 10 minutes my fingertips become very very sore and I can barely play anymore, although I try to ignore the pain and play as much as I can.
Although the pain is pretty damn big, my skin never get peeled and never gets calluses at all!!! It looks exactly like the skin in my right hand fingertips.
My guitar has a very high action and all I play is solos with a lot of bends, and the frets hurt when I slide a lot, but yet nothing happens with the skin!!

Any advice ?? Did it happen to anyone else here too ??

Thanks guys.
Your trouble is inconsistency. You need to play more often to build up those callouses, especially since you're now playing 1-3hours/day you say. It also might help to lower the action a little.
If you intend to improve AND eliminate the finger pain, you need to play every day. Playing a good 1 to 2 hours every day will help with both.
Hmm I play at least 1 hour almost everyday in the last 2-3 months so...
And lol I ain't gonna buy an acoustic for that Wish I could afford that.

I'm afraid that if my skin never starts to get peeled or anything then it'll stay like this forever. Is it possible that even in nothing visually happens to my fingertips I'll still develop good calluses ??
Quote by gnr_tb
Is it possible that even in nothing visually happens to my fingertips I'll still develop good calluses ??

Yup. I've been playing consistently for three years now and my fingertips don't have any visible callouses, but don't have any pain when I play.

If adjusting your action isn't doable, have you considered getting a new one? 3mm action is pretty unacceptable imo.

inb4 what you really need is a new amp.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Quote by jwd724
Yup. I've been playing consistently for three years now and my fingertips don't have any visible callouses, but don't have any pain when I play.

If adjusting your action isn't doable, have you considered getting a new one? 3mm action is pretty unacceptable imo.

inb4 what you really need is a new amp.

Yep I'm getting a new guitar.
Maybe if I get bored and find some good tools for 50$ I'll do it fret leveling so it'll be playable.
Actually I just measured about 0.8mm from the first fret to the low E and 3.3-3.4 from the 22 fret to the low E (It's the lowest it can get without buzz)

And I have a VOX AD50VT amp
sounds wierd, but use bigger strings. I went from playing 9s to 13s. 13 will be wicked wicked hard to bend at first, but after a few hours youll get used to it. When I play now, its usually only once or twice a week but for several hours. the 9s give me blisters,pain and shit sound. the 13s give me great sound and no pain, no problems at all.

it may be the difference between flat wounds being less abrasive than round wounds more than the difference in string size, but I really really doubt it. the 13s are just so much more comfy.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
No way dude, I play many solos where I can't bend enough with my 009, so 013 isn't an option
And nope I don't press hard at all, the pain starts mainly when I bend or do hammers/pull offs...