Page 1 of 3
So basically straight up to the point,

Im thinking of moving to Canada when i finish Uni. Im from England.

I was just curious which country has a better music scene. Im not going to base the whole thing on music but i was just curious.

Thanks

P.S this is not a VS thread im just wondering.

Thanks.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
which parts of england and canada?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

London has a massive music scene, the same with Manchester and Liverpool. They both have big music scenes but I suppose I can't speak for Canada but the English scene is massive.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Canada has a decent music scene, and all the cities have their own styles and specialties. For example, Quebec and Montreal = deathcore and metal town. St. Johns is great for folk, indie rock and punk. And Vancouver has some really interesting jazz and blues musicians around.
Quote by lefthandman9876
England is totally dead.

America are the only place producing interesting music at the moment.

Lol i'm sorry i'll post a reply when i clear up the water that i just spat onto the wall due to that idiotic comment.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Well seeing as I love me some dubstep, I'd go with the UK. But Canada has some OK producers I guess.
Quote by lefthandman9876
England is totally dead.

America are the only place producing interesting music at the moment.

Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
If you like Deathcore or Metalcore , Quebec city and Montreal are good for you but of course , people speak French.
Quote by FXlagosse
If you like Deathcore or Metalcore , Quebec city and Montreal are good for you but of course , people speak French.

You can not speak a word of French and be fine in Montreal dumbass.
^ ^ BANG, there's a problem. Not the language barrier of course, but the fact that the people there are French

Not all of them obviously, but I've come to find that I really don't like about 40% of Quebecers.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ BANG, there's a problem. Not the language barrier of course, but the fact that the people there are French

I prefer Quebec to Newfoundland. Suck my dick.
Quote by Pat_s1t
But...but...

Yeh, suck his dick, A.

You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Pat_s1t
But...but...

I like Newfoundland too.

Don't hate on Quebec, it's a pretty awesome place.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
You can not speak a word of French and be fine in Montreal dumbass.

What is your problem ****** ? It's not beacause some people speak English in Montreal that they can live as everyone else .
Canada has Rush (they suck).

The fact that the UK has Muse as an export alone qualifies them as the victor. But then you have bands like Frightened Rabbit and Franz Ferdinand (from Scotland, but Scotland is part of the UK) the Arctic Monkeys, Los Campesinos!, Johnny Foreigner, Foals, and Radiohead, to name a few, puts the UK at a far superior musical position than Canada.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

England only ever had Pink Floyd, Bolt Thrower, and that one band from Liverpool...

what was their name again?

oh yeah, Carcass!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

The fact that the UK has Muse as an export alone qualifies them as the victor. But then you have bands like Frightened Rabbit and Franz Ferdinand (from Scotland, but Scotland is part of the UK) the Arctic Monkeys, Los Campesinos!, Johnny Foreigner, Foals, and Radiohead, to name a few, puts the UK at a far superior musical position than Canada.

If Rush is the only Canadian band you can name you really have no say in this matter.
Quote by FXlagosse
What is your problem ****** ? It's not beacause some people speak English in Montreal that they can live as everyone else .

I have a problem with stupidity. You are being stupid. Can you put the two together, or do you need help?

Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Muse is shit. Franz Ferdinand is shit. The Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, and Los Campesinos! are all shit. I haven't even heard of the others. Take your stupid opinion and blow it out your ass.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jul 1, 2011,
There is some new wave band in Canada that I know a little bit like : Sum41 , Paramore , Alexisonfire , Simple Plan ( I hate them ) , Avril Lavigne , Headley ( hate them ) , Billy Talent , Silverstein ( they are awesome ) , Beneath the Massacre and there are more
Quote by FXlagosse
There is some new wave band in Canada that I know a little bit like : Sum41 , Paramore , Alexisonfire , Simple Plan ( I hate them ) , Avril Lavigne , Headley ( hate them ) , Billy Talent , Silverstein ( they are awesome ) , Beneath the Massacre and there are more

Remember when I called you stupid?
Canada has Arcade Fire
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
Quote by Thrashtastic15

But really, the only Canadian band I actually like is Protest The Hero, the rest I haven't heard.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Duffman123
This thread....smh

WHAT DOES SMH MEAN!?!?!?!

Canada has better post-rock and indie bands and less annoying accents and better teeth.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
england

i'm from canada, but there's not really a TON of musicians and scenes here that catch my interest. UK's got some sick electronic music scenes like dubstep and dnb, a huge grime scene, all that good stuff. English rock music i think is really beating a dead horse these days
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Slapping my hamster

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Thrashtastic15

Remember when you're opinion is equal to his?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ ^ BANG, there's a problem. Not the language barrier of course, but the fact that the people there are French

Not all of them obviously, but I've come to find that I really don't like about 40% of Quebecers.

Really, they're not though
Page 1 of 3