I'm having a tough time choosing between all of the great models weber has to choose from.

I know that i'm set on Alnico, as I love the tone. What i'm not sure of is which model.

I need something very versatile and good for an open back cabinet. Not sure yet ulitmately what head this amp is going to site on, but it's going to be something versatile like the JVM (marshall) to give you an idea.

I play literally everything, and require a speaker with sweet highs and tight tight lows, especially because a 7 string is in my future (but not looking at a speaker for Brootz, i'm not into that)

I like the sound of my hellatone 60 if that means anything. It has a bouncy quality to it I enjoy.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Last edited by Funk Monk at Jul 1, 2011,
Bump.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Don't ****ing bump your thread after 52 minutes, please.

Why do you need a new speaker? Your hellatone is a damn good one. AlNiCo speakers won't necessarily be a good choice for anyting higher than medium gain.

Personally, I would get the AlNiCo 1230-55. It is the AlNiCo version of the 55hz version of the Celestion G12H. Very good speaker; I have a WGS brand ceramic one that sounds very nice. I can only imagine how good the AlNiCo version would sound.
the blue dog can be a bit piercing by itself, i'd lean more toward the silver bell if you are doing a single speaker. if those speakers are mixed they sound awesome.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae