I'm horrible at specs, so I don't know the difference in these two basses.

this one is 200
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-vintage-modified-jaguar-electric-bass-guitar-special/h71306

this is 300
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-vintage-modified-jaguar-bass/430661000001422

Why? O^O

edit:
should i cop out the extra 100 for the second one?
Last edited by Sensei21 at Jul 1, 2011,
From reading the specs :
$300 has an agathis body, $200 has basswood
$300 has duncan designed pups while the $200 probably has generic
$300 comes with better quality strings

I don't know much about bass so someone else can probably give a better reason.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
'duncan designed'/ are generic. its just a way to jack the price up some, but that said, they will be better than the others.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Isn't agathis wood supposed to be pretty bad?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792

It's like alder but a little duller. Not so much 'bad' as 'cheap and used mostly for budget instruments'.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by JWD32792

It's pretty neutral as far as tone wood goes. Not bad but not great either. There was a MAHOOSIVE arguement on this a while back. It doesn't really add much for tone, but it's cheap, readily available and doesn't sound particularly bad, so finds its way into a lot of starter basses.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Sensei21
Ah I see. So should I get the 300 one, or just save 100 and get the other?

Don't you mean:
"Ah I see. So should I get the 200 one, or just save 100 and get the (better looking/ better pups) other?"
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
neither. fenders arent too wonderful from stock, and squiers arent any better lol. from the specs there id say go for something thats not a super well known brand. half the time you're paying for the name, and this time seems no different. shop around.

if i had to choose though id prolly get the cheaper one and swap the pups out. duncans arent hard to find 2nd hand for cheap.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
neither. fenders arent too wonderful from stock, and squiers arent any better lol. from the specs there id say go for something thats not a super well known brand. half the time you're paying for the name, and this time seems no different. shop around.

if i had to choose though id prolly get the cheaper one and swap the pups out. duncans arent hard to find 2nd hand for cheap.

What are these "duncans" as in, what EXACTLY should i look for to find them?
Quote by Sensei21
What are these "duncans" as in, what EXACTLY should i look for to find them?

Seymor Duncan is a brand of pickups that he recommends you switch to. Usually, the pickups that come installed on guitars and basses aren't very good. You would have to do some research on what model you want.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
i like nordstrands and lindy fralins. fralins are sick for the price. (these are brands of pickups by the way). i dont really have experience with much else. ive always found duncans to be kinda generic in themselves, but everyone likes something different.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
swa[pping pups can be a good thing, but its something you should do when you aren't satisfied with your bass. I wouldn't do it untill you've spent more time with bass and are comfortale making gear decisions your self.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Reisgar42
It's like alder but a little duller. Not so much 'bad' as 'cheap and used mostly for budget instruments'.

It's not like alder at all. Agathis is a soft wood and alder is a hard wood. Plus there isn't a lot of interesting grain patterns on Agathis, which is why they often paint the body in solid colors.
The biggest difference between these two bass is the layout of the controls. The 200 dollar model is vol/vol/bass boost/master tone. While the 300 dollar model have a stacked concentric knobs, which is vol/tone vol/tone. The 300 dollar model also have block inlays on the neck.