Poll: Who would win in a fight?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who would win in a fight?
A million cats
90 56%
A T-Rex
70 44%
Voters: 160.
Page 1 of 3
Who would win in a fight, a million cats or a T Rex?

I know who I would choose.
The future is no place to place your better days
Sort of like the answer to "Five Navy Seals or 100,000 Civil War era soldiers?"
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Cats.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Cb4rabid
T rex. Cats are pussies.

for the pun.
The future is no place to place your better days
Quote by Lost Dog
T-Rex. I doubt any number of cats could do any damage.

Imagine twenty million claws (five on each paw) tearing at your flesh. Even with the T-Rex eating, crushing, and tearing some apart, the sheer number of them will overwhelm the dino. It will be nothing but a over-lacerated carcass bleeding to death.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover
Imagine twenty million claws (five on each paw) tearing at your flesh. Even with the T-Rex eating, crushing, and tearing some apart, the sheer number of them will overwhelm the dino. It will be nothing but a over-lacerated carcass bleeding to death.

That's if their puny claws even can pierce the T-Rex's flesh. Which I doubt.
That's not a fight. It's a ****ing extra large bucket of popcorn for the T-Rex. All we need now is a movie.

...I vote the notebook.
Quote by supersac
a million ants can totally kill a person if they awanted to im sure a million cats can take a trex

Cats aren't nearly as organized or ferocious as ants. Ants will take over the world. Hell, they already have!
Quote by Lost Dog
That's if their puny claws even can pierce the T-Rex's flesh. Which I doubt.

It's just basic reptilian skin, similar to an alligator. If it were an ankylosauria (the group of dinos with natural armor) then it would be a lot harder. But carnivores generally don't need the armor like the herbivores do, because they are the hunters.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by DonGlover

Well kind of... but I don't think T Rex's had human skin. I'm pretty sure they had scales. I don't think a cat's 1cm claws or like 1.5cm teeth are gonna do much (if any) damage.

I dunno, I don't see how even a million cats could strike a killing blow.
Its kinda like saying Human (with only his hands and feet for defense) or a million fire ants.

i would pick the ants and the cats.

i forgot to factor in the skin part.

i pick the cats via TKo in the 4th round

t-rex would gas out
Last edited by ampoverload at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Cats aren't nearly as organized or ferocious as ants. Ants will take over the world. Hell, they already have!

i for one welcome our new ant overlords
Itt: people severely underestimating the sharpness of cats claws.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
basically, with every step the T-rex takes it'd kill close to a dozen cats, as T-rex feet are approximately 30x30 inches, and those would all be accidental kills. it'd just be a matter of time before all the cats die, assuming it could kill them at a rate fast enough so as to not die of old age first. but the cats couldn't do anything. they can barely injure humans, let alone a 7 ton lizard with thick scales.
The T-Rex wouldn't be standing still. He would be running around, squashing cute little kitties as he went. I doubt they could even attack the T-Rex if they tried. They would probably just run away.

EDIT: ^ Yea basically that
Quote by supersac
i for one welcome our new ant overlords

They're taking over one picnic at a time.

REPENT!
Here's to put it in perspective:

Take that [roughly 50] and multiply it by 400000. Now consider that they each have 20 claws and 30 teeth. A cat scratching a wall hard and long enough can leave an imprint, so imagine that times one million and consider that they will repeatedly be scratching until they lacerate the flesh.

DonGedit: Also consider a T-Rex's short reach. It is essentially left with it's teeth alone (besides it's feet) to attack the cats with are extremely agile.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Jul 1, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
That's easy. The cats. Do you see any T-Rexs around?

...do you see a million cats in one place who are hungry for t-rex flesh? i doubt it.
Quote by KG6_Steven
That's easy. The cats. Do you see any T-Rexs around?

Cats would have been extinct long ago if needy single 40 year old woman didn't exist
T-rex, cats wouldn't be able to pierce its skin
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'm going to assume that 'cat' is just a broad term, so I'm going to use a million of these guys:

I'll take the cats.

Even with normal cats, I get the feeling the T-Rex would get fatigued pretty quickly.
Quote by Lost Dog
Cats would have been extinct long ago if needy single 40 year old woman didn't exist

Thank you, cat hoarders!
well few cats hunt in teams, few cats can work together so they would'nt be very effective and would most likely run away. However the Trex might be allergic to cat hair. in short theres only one way to find out... and jurasic park has taught us that this is a bad idea.
/thread
Attachments:
NyanCat.gif
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Quote by Cb4rabid
T rex. Cats are pussies.
ISeeWhatUDidThar
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
This reminds me of a question on the Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail pc game

It was who would win in a fight: A t-rex or the Queen of England.

The queen would obviously.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Cat's claws couldn't do damage to a T-Rex's skin. They probably would just run from a T-Rex anyway, so T-Rex wins.

Yeah.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

I'm gonna math this out for you Pit-tards:

Lets say the average cat is something like 1 decimeter wide by .5 meters long. This is merely an approximation, but it gives me easy units to deal with so its OK.

So that means that a rectangle of cats, 1000 by 1000 cats, would be 100 meters wide by 1500 meters long. To put that in perspective for the people who can't visualize metric measurements, that's approximately a 1 football field by 1 mile brick of cats.

With this knowledge, and given that 70% of all cats are ornery and just don't give a fuck (I know this from experience), that T-Rex will literally drown in a landlocked sea of angry cats trying to claw its eyes out. Also, don't forget that T-Rexes have tiny arms. There's no way a T-Rex could dislodge a cat once it was halfway inside it's eye socket.

And for the people arguing that the T-Rex wouldn't be standing still, NEITHER WOULD THE CATS. They'd be running around, trying to get out of the way of the feet.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Jul 2, 2011,
Well, if we're talking house cats, I'd say the T-rex.
Here's why.
When the cats saw the gigantic dinosaur, they would size him up and find him to be more than they can feesably take. With that, their fight or flight instinct would kick in and they would probably flee.
If they were in a closed room with each other, they would probably run until cornered and killed by the T-Rex
Page 1 of 3