I recently picked up a Marshall AVT105H from a friend for pretty cheap, came with a nice cab as well. I own a Line 6 UX2, and I'm not too pleased with amp models that are designed for metal... I was wondering if it was possible to connect my head directly to my interface and just go from there.
I'm honestly confused. So you don't like the Line 6 amp models?
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by fendermustang12
I recently picked up a Marshall AVT105H from a friend for pretty cheap, came with a nice cab as well. I own a Line 6 UX2, and I'm not too pleased with amp models that are designed for metal... I was wondering if it was possible to connect my head directly to my interface and just go from there.

you just won the lotto, your amp has a cab emulated speaker out if it's a newer one.

if it's an older one it just looks like it has an effects loop, so just run a line from the effects loop send to the interface.

now the bad news, prob won't sound much better than the line 6. but don't take my word for it, try it and see if you like it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
you just won the lotto, your amp has a cab emulated speaker out if it's a newer one.

if it's an older one it just looks like it has an effects loop, so just run a line from the effects loop send to the interface.

now the bad news, prob won't sound much better than the line 6. but don't take my word for it, try it and see if you like it.

Yeah, it does have a cab emulated output. If it doesn't sound any better than the line 6 I'll probably just mic the half stack.
Quote by bluekirby7
I'm honestly confused. So you don't like the Line 6 amp models?

What's there to be confused about? And no, I don't like any of the amp models geared towards metal. Insane is alright, but all I can seem to get out of it is a lot of distortion and no tone.
If you are talking about plugging an amp head directly into an audio interface instead of hooking it up to a cab, then thats a definite NO NO NO - running an amp head without a speaker cab attached will destroy the head. All that juice coming from your transformer will have nowhere to go, causing flyback, which usually equates to bang followed by smoke.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Quote by jukejointjohnny
If you are talking about plugging an amp head directly into an audio interface instead of hooking it up to a cab, then thats a definite NO NO NO - running an amp head without a speaker cab attached will destroy the head. All that juice coming from your transformer will have nowhere to go, causing flyback, which usually equates to bang followed by smoke.

My amp has a cab emulator output, so that may or may not prevent that from happening. I really haven't tried it yet.