“This band should be playing Ozzfest” – John Williams, tour manager for The Clarks

“Megadeth and Motorheads lovechild if Zakk Wylde was the godfather” – Kevin Amos, radio producer

“The music is hard, fast, and heavy. Solos galore… very solid band and definitely one you want to check out.” - TMIMC_Staple UG Review

“There is so much sheer riffage in this band that I am just blown away.” Matt Baggins Two Guys Metal Review

Hey guys, this is my metal band Xstrophy. We are based in South Central PA, and we’ve been playing up and down the east coast as far north as NY and south as NC for the last year, getting a name for ourselves, and getting a really good response everywhere we go. We are a heavy metal band, in the vein of Slayer, Overkill and yes the M word (‘Tallica). If you could check out our EP on reverbnation and let us know what you think, it would be awesome. We are also in the process of recording and album, playing tons of gigs (if you are in the area, please come out to a gig, hang out, whatever!)

If you like us, and would like to purchase our EP, you can do so on reverbnation, and PM me on here and let me know you did, and when our full length comes out I will give an awesome discount to any UG’ers who helped us out because all proceeds go to recording this album.

Also, if you want to come to a show, you can go to our full website and see whats coming up if you are in the area, and most likely buy tickets to them directly through the site if they are a bigger show, and if not I give discounts all the time and will for UG’ers if you want to come out! Below I will post the links to our full website with a merch area, ticket info, bios, older downloads and vids, and lots of other cool things. Also our reverbnation, where you can listen to our “Raw and Real EP,” or buy it if you really like it. We also figured out how to put ringtones up there for shits and giggles so if you want you can check those out too. Lastly will be our youtube page, facebook link and myspace (who the hell uses that anymore?) where you can keep checking for more updates or “like” us. Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think of us!

www.xstrophy.com
www.reverbnation.com/xstrophy
www.youtube.com/xstrophy
www.facebook.com/xstrophyofficial
www.myspace.com/xstrophy21
Shameless promotion with quotes from unknowns is shameless. I live in PA and still may check you guys out anyway. Good luck friend.. hope you guys go as far as you can.
^haha, sometimes shameless promotion is the shit you need to get other people interested. Thanks man, we play up in Reading which isnt too far from you every now and then at The Silo, but they've gone downhill lately with the bands they book.
I got you. I've seen GWAR at the silo, but I've also seen some local ass-clowns there that were absolutely horrible. At least GWAR had a stage show. A buddies band played there too. He was my machine gunner from Iraq. Band was called Ninth Circle. They're not around anymore and I never had a chance to catch them. I'm always into seeing a local act if I can.
Quote by Vikingx
I got you. I've seen GWAR at the silo, but I've also seen some local ass-clowns there that were absolutely horrible. At least GWAR had a stage show. A buddies band played there too. He was my machine gunner from Iraq. Band was called Ninth Circle. They're not around anymore and I never had a chance to catch them. I'm always into seeing a local act if I can.

Nice man, I bet GWAR was awesome, I saw them in 04, my first concert. I was speechless after them haha. Yeah, we've played the Silo a few times with some of the locals that mostly suck, and we've also played there with Otep, Lizzy Borden, and some other nationals who made the show great. It all depends on whos playing and whos booking the shows whether it was a good night or not.

Well if you are interested, we are playing in Manheim next weekend, which is a little far, but we are playing in Allentown Aug 5 at the Sterling Hotel for the guy who used to book the big bands at the Silo, if you are interested man, Ill keep you in the books and shoot you a PM when it gets closer. Always up for meeting a fellow UGer
Hey guys, you reviewed my band so I'll do the reciprocating thing =D

I only watched the gates of shame and to be honest . . . I really don't like thrash. However, the song has dynamics, switching into different tempos and such. I couldn't really hear much of the bassist because of the recording being live, but the guitarists both seemed solid, and the drummer had some cool fills and really seemed to bring the song together for me.

There were a few things I wasn't a fan of, but those are things that I don't like about any thrash band, so I guess they are things you might as well ignore since you're not aiming them at me.

In the best possible way though, I got the feeling from that song that you could do more. You have potential, but the excitement wasn't there.

Good luck guys, I think you have something cool =D
Just checked out the band and "liked" you guys on facebook.
I really like thrash like stuff, especially the more old school thrash, and this seems pretty good to me.
The vocals and everything are good for this genre, and my only complaints about thrash are usually the vocals haha. I really like "No Peace within a Shell".
I think y'all have some good potential in the thrash scene bro!
Good luck!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457500