1. I can't remember the exact name of it, so for this demonstration I shall call it a "looper".

What it is, is each of the footswitches on the "looper" can have it's own loop so to speak. It works like an effects loop, but it isn't actually an effects loop. So yes, you could use it to have say an OD and a Phaser on one of the loops. You run both pedals on at the same time, all the time, then stomp on the assigned footswitch to activate/deactivate that loop.

2. You'll have to do that manually.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Would I have to worry about my pedal order still? For example would I put my OD in loop 1 and my clean boost in loop 2?
Nigel is using a Timon Klein Industries Custom True Bypass Looper
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by glamourkilledme
Would I have to worry about my pedal order still? For example would I put my OD in loop 1 and my clean boost in loop 2?

also depends on the specs of the pedal-looper

in simple versions of effects loop switchers you may have to worry about order, and it may only allow for mono pedals.

hardcore, super-professional, rack controller/effect-switchers allow for all kinds of crap. they can facilitate preset patches that let you control what order anything is plugged into while also allowing multiple amp outputs as well.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ok thanks guys. Is it really worth investing in a looper? Or do you think I'd be better off without it?
The loop switch is worth it if you have a need for one. They are easy to make if you have a soldering iron.