Page 3 of 107
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I'm gonna try and get my hands on some Troegs Nugget Nectar for the 4th. One of the best American beers I've had recently.

I live like 40 mins from where they brew. I can find pretty much any of their beers without a problem.

Quote by Zaphikh
It is carbonated, watered down piss. It is cheaper than bottled water. PBR is trash.

lolnah.

Quote by daytripper75
I live like 40 mins from where they brew. I can find pretty much any of their beers without a problem.

Yea my mom lives in Hanover, so it's close enough to be able to get all the different types at the local stores.
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by Zaphikh
Your tongue is retarded.

Your tongue is a racist

Your tongue and John Mayer's dick should meet.

oh WHAT! COme at me bro!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Your tongue is a racist

So I've got a taste for the black brews. I will emancipate and proclamate your ass.
Nobody is gonna try to argue that PBR is amazing, but if you're looking for a reasonably priced 30 pack to get hammered off of it's a great choice.
Quote by trueamerican
Wow, guys, take it to the bedroom.

I'm gonna need a few more beers in me first.
Quote by daytripper75
Nobody is gonna try to argue that PBR is amazing, but if you're looking for a reasonably priced 30 pack to get hammered off of it's a great choice.

It's pretty low on alcohol content too though. Off the top of my head I believe it's only about 4.5% alcohol per volume? In the end I think you'd pay the same amount per volume of an average beer to reach the same buzz. Just saying.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I'm gonna need a few more beers in me first.

I'm not that ugly.

Old Rasputin is awesome. Just had some of that last week. I bought it purely because Rasputin was such a badass, and I ended up loving it

Quote by Zaphikh
I'm not that ugly.

I'm also not that gay
I wish that Wychwood's beers were easier to find around here. I've had Hobgoblin and Scarecrow. Hobgoblin was great, and Scarecrow was decent. It looks like they have some other good ones too.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I'm also not that gay

Really? I could have sworn you enjoyed PBR...
Quote by Zaphikh
Really? I could have sworn you enjoyed PBR...

Oh you rascal!

Back to beer worthy of everyone's taste, I was having Chimay on tap the other day in Virginia, and I do believe it was one of the finest things I have had in a long time.
i really like wheat beers. leinenkugel sunset wheat, flying dog in-heat wheat, goose island 312 urban wheat ale, etc.

i like IPAs ok. just every once in a while though.

honestly most of the time i'd rather just have a miller high life, PBR or bud light more than anything else.

#DTWD
Last thing I'm gonna say, Chimay is probably the weakest Trappist. That and Achel. I've had 'em all
The only thing I dislike in that post is the budlight, and even then, I'll drink it to get drunk. In fact, that's my favorite shotgunning beer
Quote by trueamerican
Last thing I'm gonna say, Chimay is probably the weakest Trappist. That and Achel. I've had 'em all

Well which kind? Because Chimay makes a few. The red labeled one is kinda weak, but their premier one, the blue one, is very good.
lol. trappist. like i'm gonna trust a bunch of virgins to make my beer. might as well hand the brewery over to The Pit.
#DTWD
As a whole. I have literally had every Trappist beer that they still make (I don't know if some have been discontinued at some point ).
Quote by primusfan
lol. trappist. like i'm gonna trust a bunch of virgins to make my beer. might as well hand the brewery over to The Pit.

.....are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Quote by trueamerican
As a whole. I have literally had every Trappist beer that they still make (I don't know if some have been discontinued at some point ).

Ah well this stuff was top notch. Bottled, it's just ok, but out of the keg it was something else.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
.....are you thinking what I'm thinking?

it's just crazy enough to work!
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
it's just crazy enough to work!

The Pit is kinda a good name. Now, is it gonna be an ale or a lager?
Quote by trueamerican
Anyone else love Magic Hat?

I've always thought Magic Hat was overrated.
Quote by daytripper75
I've always thought Magic Hat was overrated.

I only had their wheat (which was meh) and their #9 (which I like). But for some reason, the #9 tastes really weird on tap.
Quote by Zaphikh
It's pretty low on alcohol content too though. Off the top of my head I believe it's only about 4.5% alcohol per volume? In the end I think you'd pay the same amount per volume of an average beer to reach the same buzz. Just saying.

4.75% I believe, which is fairly average.

It's the perfect kind of beer to sit and pound down while watching a hockey game with your friends. There aren't many other good beers that come in a 30 pack for less than $20.
i like magic hat okay. my friends freaked when #9 was delivered to our bar. i thought it was alright. 8 times out of ten, still going with bud light. only $2.65 a pint. during happy hour that's $1.33. i'm not going to argue with that from the tap.

edit: i will say i really do like southern tier 2xipa though. and i'm usually not big on pale ales.
#DTWD
Quote by daytripper75
4.75% I believe, which is fairly average.

It's the perfect kind of beer to sit and pound down while watching a hockey game with your friends. There aren't many other good beers that come in a 30 pack for less than $20.

You could always just piss in tonic water. Tonic water is pretty cheap.

I know I'm being a bit rough on PBR, but it's the only beer I've had multiple times only to question why I thought it'd be any different from last time. I'll just take Miller High Life during a game if there's any around.
Quote by primusfan
i like magic hat okay. my friends freaked when #9 was delivered to our bar. i thought it was alright. 8 times out of ten, still going with bud light. only $2.65 a pint. during happy hour that's $1.33. i'm not going to argue with that from the tap.

edit: i will say i really do like southern tier 2xipa though. and i'm usually not big on pale ales.

Ah well when I go to a bar to get drunk I never drink beer, but if I had to, I'd do something cheap hahaha. I only get the good stuff at bars when I'm eating or having a nightcap.
Quote by Zaphikh
You could always just piss in tonic water. Tonic water is pretty cheap.

I know I'm being a bit rough on PBR, but it's the only beer I've had multiple times only to question why I thought it'd be any different from last time. I'll just take Miller High Life during a game if there's any around.

out of a can or bottle? two different ballparks with PBR IMO. won't touch the shit out of the can. bottle though? give it to me. the difference is striking. i even had a friend say he heard the two were brewed differently. i think that's extreme and i chalk the difference up to ANY beer being better from a bottle. but still.

edit: another reason i love high life more than any other. bottles and cans are the same price. i'll take the bottles even if clean up is more of a hassle.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by primusfan
out of a can or bottle? two different ballparks with PBR IMO. won't touch the shit out of the can. bottle though? give it to me. the difference is striking. i even had a friend say he heard the two were brewed differently. i think that's extreme and i chalk the difference up to ANY beer being better from a bottle. but still.

edit: another reason i love high life more than any other. bottles and cans are the same price. i'll take the bottles even if clean up is more of a hassle.

Yea I feel like PBR already has a kind of metallic aftertaste (which isn't unheard of or even necessarily a bad thing in beers, mind you) and it being in a can just makes it way too noticeable. But I still don't mind it in a can. But bottled anything is better than canned anything, for the most part.