Page 5 of 107
In America it's all about Coors Light and Blue Moon for me
In England it's all about the chilled pints of Staropramen after a hard friday night of teaching scouts how to be scouts...
I actually really like Beer. It's my favourite alcoholic drink other than Ameretto on the Rocks. Among the beers that I've tasted, my favourite are in order:

- Guinness (very smooth)
- Tsingtao (not hoppy one bit and has this really nice grassy taste)
- Heineken
- Carlsberg
- Sake (not a true beer but brewed like one)
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jul 2, 2011,
I don't understand how anyone can drink the mass produced American beer. They even make my mass produced Canadian beers of choice shittier.
^ Why do the masses like Pop radio? Why is McDonald's still in business?

Advertisement campaigns shouting in people's faces encourage the herd to remain a herd.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
^ Why do the masses like Pop radio? Why is McDonald's still in business?

Advertisement campaigns shouting in people's faces encourage the herd to remain a herd.

But even here people are saying they'd drink it. Like PBR. **** PBR.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
But even here people are saying they'd drink it. Like PBR. **** PBR.

Oh go drink your molson xxx and your moose head and your fermented maple syrup.

(I so want some fermented maple syrup type of beverage)
Quote by SeveralSpecies

(I so want some fermented maple syrup type of beverage)

I just came a little.

also @ that link

>Labatt's Blue
>American Pilsner

Fuck off
Despite their broken Economy, Greek beers are pretty good, I feel - Mythos and Alfa (Alfa goes down a little easier, but Good luck finding a can or bottle of that outside Greece or the islands, just found Mythos at the weekend shop)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I just came a little.

also @ that link

>Labatt's Blue
>American Pilsner

Fuck off

It's not saying it's actually American lol, that's just the style it is.

^ only had mythos of those and it wasn't half bad.
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
It's not saying it's actually American lol, that's just the style it is.

^ only had mythos of those and it wasn't half bad.

Stop stealing our beers. Like when I went to Buffalo, ordered a Canadian and got an even worse beer than what I get in Canada. You made my shit beer shittier you sons of bitches.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Stop stealing our beers. Like when I went to Buffalo, ordered a Canadian and got an even worse beer than what I get in Canada. You made my shit beer shittier you sons of bitches.

Mmwahahahahahahahaha all part of our plan! By making your beers seem shittier, we make ours seem better!
Quote by beadhangingOne
I was reading somewhere about a maple bacon beer. o_O

**** me sideways and buy be breakfast

Where can I get it!!!!!!
Bernard (preferably dark), that is all.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by Thrashtastic15

There's your problem.
People of the UK, give me some examples of good beer that I will be actually able to find in an off licence, that isn't too expensive.
I've got one of the best ales ever lined up for this evening. Bateman's XXXB.

So gooooood.
I'm not too experienced with all sorts of beers, but I am a fan of some of the Wychwood brewery ones. I thought the Hobgoblin was really good when I had it a while back. Have any of you ever tried any of their stuff? The Scarecrow was pretty good too, I think. I have one waiting for me downstairs I might have tonight.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Last edited by InfiniteRain at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123
People of the UK, give me some examples of good beer that I will be actually able to find in an off licence, that isn't too expensive.

Not from the UK... and without a clue what off license means.

But... Old Speckled Hen or Bishop Fingers?
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Speaking of upstate and brewery/restaurants, when I lived in Syracuse there was a restaurant called the Empire Brewing Company. I was all of about 10 at that time, so I never had the beer, but my dad loved the place. Is it still there, do you know?

I love the restaurant, haven't been able to drink any beer there yet though (only 19)

Anyway, as far as beers go, some of my favorites are Saranac Black Forest and Leinenkugel Classic Amber
Quote by Duffman123

Black Sheep
Theakston's XB or Old Peculier
Bateman's XXXB
Wychwood Hobgoblin and Goliath
Copper Dragon

They tend to have pretty standard European lagers like Heineken, Stella, Peroni etc
Quote by daytripper75
There's your problem.

I was in the outskirts where it is only kind of crappy. But yeah. Buffalo is awful.
Quote by Penn100
Not from the UK... and without a clue what off license means.

But... Old Speckled Hen or Bishop Fingers?

Will have a look for both

Same to the above ^^^
Quote by Duffman123
Will have a look for both

Same to the above ^^^

Dunno if they are cheap tough.

Just some om my favorite UK beers from the top of my head, maybe you wanted beers that were not neccesarily from the UK? Anyways, they're good.

The prices here are a bit messed up tough, since it's imported here.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

Has anyone tried Gurkha beer? It's Nepalese beer. I am from Nepal but i don't live there anymore and where i live, i can't find any. So I've never tried it.

It seems they have them in the UK.
http://www.gurkhabeer.co.uk/

Anyone wanna help me try one and tell me how it is?
Last edited by holycow at Jul 2, 2011,
So I've been looking through my beer, and I found my last bottle of Gulden Draak!!!! I love this beer. I'm saving it for a special occasion.

Also, I realized I had 7 750ml bottles of Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout, which I don't like.

SO, I decided to make myself some dessert today. I made a nice Bananas Foster with some VSOP cognac, added vanilla ice cream (of course) and topped it with a special salted caramel made with Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout. Best caramel I've ever had in my life. The beer is too sweet for me to drink, but it's great for cooking, and goes amazingly well with desserts. I urge you to try it.
Quote by Duffman123

It's totally not like £60 for a bottle.

The guy who said Copper Dragon Good lad.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

They sell Brewdog's The End of History in Sheffield Tap. It comes in a squirrel and costs £700. Best of all, on their beer menu it says 'The End of History, Squirrel, £700', which is nice.

Anyway, I've finished a job application, so it's time to reward myself with a beer.
If I was rewarded each time I finished an application, I'd have applied to thousands of places and been ridiculously drunk for my entire life.
Quote by SmarterChild
They sell Brewdog's The End of History in Sheffield Tap. It comes in a squirrel and costs £700. Best of all, on their beer menu it says 'The End of History, Squirrel, £700', which is nice.

Anyway, I've finished a job application, so it's time to reward myself with a beer.

That's incredible.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by trueamerican
If I was rewarded each time I finished an application, I'd have applied to thousands of places and been ridiculously drunk for my entire life.

Successful applications = stone cold sober.
I had Guiness for the first time last night. I actually dont know how I haven't had the chance to try it sooner haha. i really liked it though, really smooth, and almost creamy. I think I would have to be in the mood for it to drink a lot of it though.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.

That's by far my favorite beer. Its a Northern Californian thing.
Has a very light citrus taste.
ಠ_ಠ
The citrus taste is a Belgian White thing, hence the name. It's like a Blue Moon, If'n ya didn't know.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.

I just tugged one out. Though tbh, IPAs aren't my thing. I just had a 90 minute IPA, and while the flavor is there (unlike many IPAs I've had), it's still just a bit too bitter.

Also, I forgot to post this before, but Burton Baton is by far the best IPA I've ever had.

By the way, Dogfish Head has some of the best labels I've ever seen.
Interesting.

The 60 minute (which is currently caressing my tastebuds in such a way as to indicate desire of pleasure but not commitment) doesn't seem bitter at all, but the 90 minute I guess I can see where you would think too bitter. I like a decent bitterness to my beers, but I prefer the 60.