so I just had this thought. say you have a fender strat. take the neck pickup and wire it to the switch as if it were the middle and wire the middle as if it were the neck.

now in poistion 1 you will have bridge. (2) bridge and neck (3) neck (4) neck and middle (5) middle.

this gives you all the same positions of a strat except the bridge and middle(that I never find very useful) and replacing it for the bridge and neck (like a tele in position 2)

you'd have to gert a reverse wound neck pickup instead of a reverse wound middle though.
no sir away a papaya war is on
it took my five minutes of rereading and a sketch on a napkin to be able to understand this. sounds pimp though.
or you could hook the neck up to an on/off switch, thus allowing to still have bridge and middle.I think there's a better way of doing this using a different type of selector switch
Quote by teh_goon
or you could hook the neck up to an on/off switch, thus allowing to still have bridge and middle.I think there's a better way of doing this using a different type of selector switch

but that requiers adding a switch. I was thinking of non cosmetic mods.
no sir away a papaya war is on
How often do you use your tone knobs?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
If you're after a clean look, you can hook the neck pickup up to a push/pull potentiometer, on any of the controls (probably the neck tone would make the most sense, though)
Quote by teh_goon

+1

You could go really wild and wire a mini toggle to each pickup
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier