Hello! I just bought a Les Paul with a TOM bridge. How should the screws that adjust intonation be set? Towards the pickups or towards the tailpiece?
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Quote by stephen_rettie
Depends on if you have any fret buzz.

The direction of the saddles has nothing to do with fret buzz.

They usually go with the flat face towards the neck, but you can flip them around if the intonation is off. Its not uncommon to see the lowest 3 strings with the saddles the other way round, because the edge of the flat face is the intonation point.
Either way is fine, it won't matter as long as the intonation is set properly.
Quote by stephen_rettie
Depends on if you have any fret buzz.

Anyways what littlephil is correct.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
i have the adjustment screws faced towards my stopbar tailpiece on my les paul. it came that way from the shop and i've just stuck with it.
i think there is no actual rule of how it should be and it's all just preference i've seen a lot of guys with the adjustment screws towards the (bridge) pickup.
the saddles do however change the angle the strings are leaning on it and the beveled side to the tailpiece always made me think to put out less 'pinching' force onto string thuss reducing string breakage at the TOM, but i haven't experienced with it.
just as reference gibson puts the adjustment screws towards the tailpiece according to the pictures on their site.
Thanks for replies, I've noticed that the grooves from the strings were bigger at one side.
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12