I've got a Blackstar HT-5 110 combo that I've been attempting to sell for awhile, and I got a neat trade offer. I'm just wondering if I should go for it.

They are offering me this:
-Jet City JCA2112RC ( http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jet-city-amplification-jca2112rc-20w-tube-guitar-combo-amp )

-A "Homemade" 1x12 with a "Mojo British Vintage" speaker (Idk about this, but IDC, it is sweetening the deal if I took it. I don't exactly own a cab of any sort.

-And just tonight, they threw another thing at me for the trade (I guess they really want my Blackstar..) An MXR Classic Distortion pedal.

I've been trying to sell the Blackstar for around 275-ish, (Asking for 300, expecting to be talked down..). I've heard both great things about these amps, along with some bad.. Just looking for some advice from you guys.

Should I take the trade?

I play a variety, from prog metal to sludge, and some "metalcore" or whatever you want to call stuff like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, etc..

They say it can reach prog territory on it's own even without a boost, though I can't see that happening from clips I hear on youtube. What if I pushed it with my Bad Monkey OD?

The lack of a loop concerns me as well. But is this a good trade offer?
I've heard nothing but good things about the Jet City. I haven't heard it doing any really heavy stuff, though. And it's also a single channel amp, so to get most out of the distortion, you'd probably have to boost it with something. The Classic Distortion sounds like it might work with that. Overall, it sounds like an okay deal.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
The JCA2112 won't get that heavy by itself, you'll definitely need some kind of boost. Even then it isn't really voiced for the tones you want, but it'll get you closer than the HT-5 will
Quote by littlephil
The JCA2112 won't get that heavy by itself, you'll definitely need some kind of boost. Even then it isn't really voiced for the tones you want, but it'll get you closer than the HT-5 will

I thought so. Okay. Well I will be getting that MXR, along with the Bad Monkey I already own, I could push it hard enough?

I figure it'd be fun to mess around with this thing. I've never owned a single channel amp before.. Or one voiced like this..

If I were to do this trade, and then possibly attempted to sell the pieces later on.. What would the value be for the Jet City, as well as that MXR? (I don't know much about either, used-wise..)
I don't know about the Jet City, but the MXR Distortion classic was a limited edition Black Friday-only deal that Guitar Center had a few years back. People claim that it's an MXR Distortion III in a different casing, though. I've seen them priced as high as $80 on eBay, though that might continue to rise, given that it was a limited edition. I actually just scored one off eBay for $40.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
With the right cab, the JCA will get that heavy. The clip in my profile is unboosted.

I'd say go for it, the JCA is a much better amp IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
With the right cab, the JCA will get that heavy. The clip in my profile is unboosted.

I'd say go for it, the JCA is a much better amp IMO.

Great, I'll shoot them an e-mailing saying I'll do it.

It's not going to be my "main" amp or anything anyhow, more or less something to mess with. Have some fun with.

I oddly enough REALLY dig my Flextone II I got not too long ago (If anyone looked at that thread), FAR more than I ever did the Blackstar. Every model (Besides the Line 6 Insane, but that's a given) can sound superb when I dial it in well. But this is off topic
JCA>Blackstar. I think your getting a killer deal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Certainly a good deal. I think the resale on the 20h combos are about 300 alone. So thats a good deal.

What color is your elite
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
It's black

I actually came across your ad the other day when browsing
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
I actually came across your ad the other day when browsing

I've had that happen a few times on here

When I think of it I sometimes ask the dude who I'm buying from/selling to if he's a member on here.. I usually get a no, though.