Not sure if this should be in the Recording forum or not... but:

Didn't see it posted yet, especially since it was just updated 41 minutes ago, but Revalver is on sale right now on Musician's Friend's Stupid Deal of the Day for $69.99. I was tempted to buy it a few weeks back when it was $99.99, but I'm glad I didn't!

Scoop it up, while it lasts!

P.S. No - This is not advertisement. You guys know me, just trying to pass on a great deal. I remember really liking Revalver before, but ended up going with POD Farm Platinum in the end. Revalver sounds MUCH more realistic to me from the clips I've been listening to recently, so for $70, you can't go wrong!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Holy Katana
Why would you need ReValver? Certainly with all those amps, you can at least cough up for an SM57.

I have 4 SM57s

Dunno, it's a lot easier to just record with a VST direct into the interface than it is to mic up everytime. I usually save that till the end for reamping. Half the time, I just end up using POD Farm though, because I'm used to mixing with it, it usually sits very well in my mixes.

That, and I wanna see how closely it emulates a 5150
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Revalver is a wicked bit of software. I just use the standalone application for practise with headphone when playing heavier stuff.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
*reported for advertising*

lolololololol i kid! that is a good deal though
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
*reported for advertising*

lolololololol i kid! that is a good deal though

Says mine shipped today. i r excite!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
nice find, a shame its not available as a download shipping time sucks.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
nice find, a shame its not available as a download shipping time sucks.

Oh I'm quite certain it's available for a download if that's what you really want..

edit: MC I hope you do a review when you get the software.. clips and all you know.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by BobDetroit
Oh I'm quite certain it's available for a download if that's what you really want..

edit: MC I hope you do a review when you get the software.. clips and all you know.

yea maybe thru other vendors but not thru MF
Guitars
Amps
I quite enjoy Revalver. Lots of great models in there. III.V has a Diezel Herbert model though, which is pretty cool.

The recto model (Flathill) is really strangely quiet though...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I quite enjoy Revalver. Lots of great models in there. III.V has a Diezel Herbert model though, which is pretty cool.

The recto model (Flathill) is really strangely quiet though...

Interesting, I'll have to see how the Herbert model compares to the real thing, I know the POD Farm model sounds nothing like my Herbie
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Damn you and your Herbie. I remember when I got to spend some quality time with one several years ago.

Not exactly my thing these days, but I can't think of anything with a better metal tone, IMHO.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Interesting, I'll have to see how the Herbert model compares to the real thing, I know the POD Farm model sounds nothing like my Herbie

That's only in III.V, I don't think it's in III.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i find it really hard to dial in a sound.
i just go to misc, standard jsx, add a boost inbetween the EQ and the amp itsself, lower almost all the gain on the ultra, add a good volume boost and tone boost. then its pretty decent.