Hello,

Basically my friend had a guitar delivered and it has arrived (from Ebay) with a big dent on the body. What is the best way to repair this? And are there any companies you would recommend for this sort of job (in the UK).

Thanks

Pics:

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Jul 2, 2011,
and demanding a refund / having it replaced is not an option because...??

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
send it back and demand another.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by shwilly
and demanding a refund / having it replaced is not an option because...??

Quote by Kozlic
send it back and demand another.

Ah yes, it was from Ebay. If it were from a shop it would be slightly more straight forward.

Help me to live.

More information please.

When you say it was from ebay, was the chip described in the listing?

Ebay buyer protection is very good, if there was definately no pictures or description of the damage then first ask the seller to take the guitar back and refund, and if he refuses use ebay to force a refund.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
More information please.

When you say it was from ebay, was the chip described in the listing?

Ebay buyer protection is very good, if there was definately no pictures or description of the damage then first ask the seller to take the guitar back and refund, and if he refuses use ebay to force a refund.

Apparently prior to being sent it was in perfect condition.

From friend
I see people are asking for more details. The chip was not described or shown on the ebay page, it said it was free of any chips etc. I dont think sending it back is an option but i think that we should get some money back for it.

Help me to live.

Demand the seller organises collection of the guitar and a refund, if they refuse take it up with ebay.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Demand the seller organises collection of the guitar and a refund, if they refuse take it up with ebay.

We'll try that.

If a repair is needed what would people advise is the best route to take? What sort of work is needed for that kind of repair?

Help me to live.

If it was damaged on the way to you, then you may have an option for the seller to claim damage during shipping. How was the packaging that it came in and was there evidence of poor handling practices? If not, then it's more obvious that it was damaged prior to shipping, which means going after the buyer via ebay policies.
Quote by logicbdj
If it was damaged on the way to you, then you may have an option for the seller to claim damage during shipping. How was the packaging that it came in and was there evidence of poor handling practices? If not, then it's more obvious that it was damaged prior to shipping, which means going after the buyer via ebay policies.

Apparently the packaging was sub-standard, it arrived wrapped in thin white foam wrapping and not much else.

Help me to live.

Hmmm. would the delivery company suggest that poor packaging = no coverage? You will have to investigate.
Send it back. Some sellers buy damaged goods to sell to unsuspecting buyers. If the damage wasn't disclosed, return it. I had to return three guitars to a seller because of undisclosed damages. They knew it was damaged if they didn't show a picture of the area during the sale.
Keep it as a Relic?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Take lots of pics, and message the seller about it. He'll probably offer a refund and take it up with the shipping company, it's their responsibility. If not, contact ebay buyer protection support.