Can you put a Floyd Rose on a Les Paul? I'm assuming it's possible, but I don't think I've ever seen it done, only ever the standard TOM or a Bigsby, so I'm thinking there might be a reason people don't often do it? Not something I intend on doing any time really, just asking out of curiosity.
I've been searching for something similar that isnt so expensive. Today I remembered I hadnt looked at Fernandes guitars. This is my next guitar:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/monterey/monterey-deluxe-tremolo-sustainer.html

EDIT: I know you're wanting to mod a les paul, but I just thought I'd mention this too.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Jul 2, 2011,
I guess that the neck angle vs bridge height would be the main problem with this.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Oh ok, so it has been done, is there any reason I've never seen one being played? I see super-strats with Floyd Roses all the time, why never a Les Paul?
http://www.kramerguitars.com/Assault.aspx

The white one with the black hardware looks super nice. I might get one myself some day.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Check out Stetsbar. I put one on my Les Paul Custom (Slash) and it simply popped into place where the bolts already were for the bridge. You don't get quite the depth of effect from a floating bridge, but pretty close. And if you no longer want it, you simply replace the original hardware. I also put a Stetsbar Trem on a Schecter type Tele. That one required actual work from a guitar shop, because of the non-standardized pickups on this guitar... but it works very well.
Quote by theknuckster
Oh ok, so it has been done, is there any reason I've never seen one being played? I see super-strats with Floyd Roses all the time, why never a Les Paul?

The grand majority of people who want Floyds are shred and metal-type players--these genres don't use Les Pauls much because the upper fret access is horrendous and instead opt for Super-Strats and the like. Therefore there's not much demand for a Floyd-equipped LP and so they're a pretty rare sight.
Quote by Speckled_Hen
I guess that the neck angle vs bridge height would be the main problem with this.

Correct. This is the reason you don't see many Les Pauls with a Floyd. Excluding the recessed style TOM bridge, these require the neck to be placed at a slight angle (3-5 degrees back) to the body to make the action on the higher frets reasonable. Guitars with a Floyd or other tremolos have their neck flat-mounted to the body. You can retrofit a Floyd into a guitar that came with a TOM, but it requires more work and forethought to function properly.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]

im pretty sure this is for metal players, but still les paul shape, and a thin neck
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
The ESP's are your best bet. Retro-fitting a floyd onto an LP would require a LOT of routing. That might affect the tone, taking out all that wood. Plus, would you really want to do that to such a nice mahogany body?
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
This ^^^
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Neal Schon's sig was the first production LP with a Floyd, but he had to teach GIBSON how to build it right. Then they basically screwed him over and he went to PRS. The LP Axcess is the cheaper, simplified version of the Schon LP.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores