Good choice, sir! ESP basses are generally pretty solid, and you will get your money's worth out of them. I'd say to go for it.
get it now, right now. One of my biggest regrets is passing up that exact model of bass. And I mean look at it, how can you not think that's awesome?
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
LTD is ESP's Epiphone, however these can be quite nice, I personally don't like the active EQ, but if you like it, grab it.

I hate their pups, they tend to be on the weak side, hopefully they will be better in the higher end models, like the one you're looking at.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by joey-only
get it now, right now. One of my biggest regrets is passing up that exact model of bass. And I mean look at it, how can you not think that's awesome?

Because , that's why

but they're decent basses. Crappy pickups and the preamp isn't great, but that's not that much of an issue.

I don't get on with LTD bass necks and I find them overpriced, but if you like it, there's no reason not to really.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I like mine, this one has better woods but mine has better electronics. Which if you do get this I highly recommend upgrading to EMG DC's or CS's for the pups and then getting a better preamp (EMG, Aguilar, Audere, Nordstrand etc.) and it should run you about $350 total and it will make a world of difference in its tone.

Other than that though, they are great basses, extremely solid construction and build quality. As for the necks, I have no problem with them and find them comfortable, though IDK what to compare it to.

So ultimately if you're willing to do some mods to make this bass sound the best it can I say go for it. But as it is, it will sound a little weak compared to other basses in the price range. Plus I would personally hate having the "coffee table" style bass with this shape, but that's me
Thanks for the replies!
I will most certainly buy this now

And thunderbritches thanks for the advice i will probably do that when i get a little more money :P