Page 1 of 2
So pit monkeys I ask you all the question.

Is this where you would have seen yourself 5 years ago?
For example, are you doing what you planned to do 5 years ago?

For me I thought I would have moved away from my home town, gone overseas and worked, and moved to some other big city..............................but due to a number of factors I am still living and working in my home town.

what are your thoughts?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Hell no.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I don't know if I expected to be where I am today, but I think the me from 5 years ago would like the 5 years older me. I'm happy with where I am and how I've changed.

Five years ago...hmm

Well I was going to go to Cambridge, marry my girlfriend, didn't really have any other plans. Neither happened in the end.

I wouldn't have thought I'd still be at uni, I wouldn't have thought that uni would be Southampton, I wouldn't have thought I'd be single and happy. Lots of other things have happened I wouldn't never have predicted.

I don't think I'd change anything
5 years ago i thought i'll still be as miserable as i was then n i was right
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.
I thought i'd have a life.

Now I have even less of a life :/
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Didn't really expect to have a girlfriend 5 years ago...
Wasn't planning to play guitar 5 years ago...3 years than thats a different matter...but since we're on 5, no
Didn't really think about university 5 years ago

So no....this is not where I would have seen myself 5 years ago
Yeah. I'm doing exactly what I wanted to do. Of course, every thing I've done thus far was with a purpose to get me to this point. I love it when a plan comes together.
hmmms, good question.

I was 15 then, so i was... In year 10/11 at school. I suppose i did not expect to be going into my third year studying English Literature. If anything i was hoping for that typical rock star career - as no doubt most were.

At that age i really wasn't planning towards a specific thing, i was more keen to develop the skills and abilities i had to make anything i wanted possible.

So am i doing what i planned? Well the things i honed have come into play, so i guess i'd have to say yes.

As for being happy? I'm not sad or depressed?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
5 years ago i thought I'd be studying Biology at college getting straight A's and being the front-man to a Maiden cover band.

Now, I'm studying Computer Games Design BTEC, getting barely pass grades and the bassist to a mediocre 80's hard rock cover band.

FML.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
I wasn't playing guitar/bass when I was twelve, and through music I was lead into studying performing arts at sixth form. And I definately wouldn't have predicted that, so no
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Now that i actually think about, i've never considered a future that was as little as 5 years ahead

I've always thought of endgame, wife, kids and so on. Yes, endgame.

As for where i expect to be in 5 years from now, i have no idea.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Drinking and being a bum ?

yeah pretty much so.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
I'd be 11. Really into Linkin Park, Slipknot, and System of a Down. Now I play guitar and can play many of their songs. I think 11 year old me would be satisfied
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Nah, five years ago I figured I'd still be working in the same crappy call center day in, day out.
In the last five years I've been a campaign manager for two political candidates (who both won), and have made it halfway through a law degree.

Unexpected, but good.
*END TRANSMISSION*

You don't have to be crazy to post here, but it helps.

HAIL BABUTAU!
5 years ago, the future wasn't important because Counterstrike was.
Quote by due 07
I didn't have any foresight five years ago.

This, considering I was only fourteen.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
A 13 year version of myself would probably think it was cool that I play guitar, but would also wonder why the fuck I listen to dance music and why I am not going to uni. And why I haven't got laid yet for that matter.
No. I thought I would go to college and make a shit ton of money

I dropped out and I have a fast food job
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~

this

and OT no
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
The 12 year old me would probably be disappointed that I like pop/dance music more than rock music now.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I don't know if I expected to be where I am today, but I think the me from 5 years ago would like the 5 years older me. I'm happy with where I am and how I've changed.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I love my life and everything is looking up for me, 5 years younger me couldn't ask for much more.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
I don't think I even played guitar 5 years ago. Now I'm studying composition and looking to make a (Most likely horrible) living out of it.
In general I would have to say that I am doing what I had thought I would do five years in the future five years ago. I guess not all the specifics are exactly the same, but everything is pretty close - in university for something I enjoy learning about (physics), playing guitar (in a band), working a job I do not dislike (projectionist - actually, I've learned to enjoy my job), and reading a lot.

That being said, I did not expect to have almost NO free time. Where did it go...
Kind of. I always wanted to move here and do what I'm doing, but IDK if I'm where I expected to be in life.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Five years ago I was about to start my 5 year uni degree. So I would have predicted I would have just graduated, and going to start a graduate job soon. Which is exactly what happened
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I always send little thoughts to myself that I have to remember when I'm older.
Like when I was in 2nd grade I told myself to remember how it was in 2nd grade when I was in 5th and stuff.
Mentally, my views on certain things have completely changed (but it's just because I'm more educated than I used to be). I mean as far as planning goes, I always wished that when I was younger I'd be in a band and I got that it seems.
Nothing serious though.
Five years ago? Five years ago I was working out the optimum way to build a tree house with my friends, screw foresight.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Before:5 years ago, i started dating my ex. had only been in bands that did nothing serious with music.

Now: me and the girl i dated for 5 years broke up, im with a new girl, i have 2 bands that are both close to getting signed and touring. my musical style and interests have broadened. Im playing in a genre that i once considered bland and its the funnest band i have ever had!

sooo for sure, i never expected this.
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
No idea. Never plan that far ahead.

But I wouldn't change anything, and I am very happy with how things have turned out.

Thanks for asking TS
Hell no. I didn't expect anything to be like this 5 years ago. Not that it's been bad, but now always too good either. I don't know I didnt have foresight as a 12 year old.
pinga
Sort of, but not quite. 5 years ago, I was just starting my A levels, with the aim to go on to uni to study forensic science.

Now, I've just finished uni with a 2:1 BSc Hons in Geology, planning to move out to Australia as soon as possible.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Page 1 of 2