Poll: Have you read the Bible?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you read the Bible?
Yup
97 35%
Nope
126 46%
I just like clicking the stupid poll option
51 19%
Voters: 274.
Page 1 of 4
There wasn't any pictures in the Bible I read
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Am I the first to click the stupid poll option? What has become of me?

I read parts, but I think it is bullshit so I have no reason to read any further.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Only AJP, no one else in this site has or ever will.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I am currently in the process of reading the Bible.
I have read from Romans to the end and from Genesis to where I currently am in the middle of Isaiah.

So am I allowed to click 'Yup' on the poll?
Nope. I've seen what it does to people.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
some of it, but the writing style sucked. it was way too boring, the plot was rambling and inconsistent, I didn't connect with any of the characters, and I couldn't read past the first few chapters.

harry potter is much better.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Yup, but fiction book i've ever read behind LOTR! Wait...
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Quote by sglover34479
Not all of it, but I study it often. It is my religion after all :p
I find this strange for some reason.
Quote by fearofthemark
some of it, but the writing style sucked. it was way too boring, the plot was rambling and inconsistent, I didn't connect with any of the characters, and I couldn't read past the first few chapters.

lol, i found it much the same
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Dare I post a serious answer in this thread?

I've read most of it and, while not a Christian, though Job was a great book that made you appreciate the shit you have.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
We had to read about 150 pages for school
Wasn't impressed
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
heavily all the way through. how else can you make an opinion of the religion you were born into?

and honestly, after finishing it (read it a few times to be honest although after first time it was skimming parts) and doing a lot of research, i had to leave the church. can not stand to be a part of it. there are some interesting stories in there, but i dont believe its the religion for me.
Quote by metaldud536
I've never read it and I don't plan to either. In fact I barely read books at all.
That's a shame, books are great.
Quote by fearofthemark

I agree with this. The events were so fake and I couldn't understand the plot.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by sglover34479

Elaborate, chap.

User_name336 put it well
Quote by User_Name336
heavily all the way through. how else can you make an opinion of the religion you were born into?
Quote by smb
User_name336 put it well

Meh. I'm gonna go on the assumption that you're not religious.

Have you read every scientific paper on every facet of science? You don't need to read something cover to cover to understand it. Especially religion, which is usually told through stories that even a child can understand.
I have, out of pure interest.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Dirge Humani
Meh. I'm gonna go on the assumption that you're not religious.

Have you read every scientific paper on every facet of science? You don't need to read something cover to cover to understand it. Especially religion, which is usually told through stories that even a child can understand.
If all of science were able to be condensed down to one novel sized book I certainly would have read it.
Front to back, plenty of times. This was back when I was big on religion and such though, I remember fuck all now.
i used to be catholic and reading the bible was what turned me into a born again agnostic. the hatred, sexism, and intolerance in deuteronomy and leviticus alone were enough for me to loose my faith. religion and all that noise is alright as long as it doesnt effect anyone but the practitioner. but anybody who says the bible is the word of god obviously hasnt read it or theyve figured out a way to "doublethink" themselves into accepting it.
Come down
Get off your ****ing cross
We need the ****ing space to nail the next fool martyr
I read it several times. It sucked. The worst part of it, for me, was that the "important" stories are the most vague and open to be interpreted a million different ways. These are the parts that Christians claim make it the ultimate in truth.
Quote by smb
User_name336 put it well

Christianity isn't really about knowing the Bible inside and out. It's supposed to be about a personal relationship between you and God, and the Bible is God's word to us as a guidebook to life. You don't memorize the instruction manual before you use something do you?
If I pray about something and I feel I get an answer in my heart, why would I turn to the Bible if I feel I've already gotten the answer from the source?
Thanks sglover, I wasn't criticising you but just curious. It's nice that you have such faith in prayer.
I read a bit of Genesis
That was back when I was 16 or 17 and was being forced to attend church.
The only way to stay awake was to read, and the only book available was The Bible.

They also had little envelopes for people who wanted to donate money.
I used to draw pictures all over the back
I've read certain parts both in school and of my own free will (mostly in school, though). That being said, I feel as if I know many more of the stories from the Bible than the ones I personally read, probably from listening in mass as a child etc.
Yes. crazy work of fiction. Proverbs is good, the rest I can do without.
Smile when you say that.
Page 1 of 4