Listed info for your reading pleasure:

Budget? - $2000 AUSTRALIAN, so don't go recommending me any Mesa amps or anything like that. This is for an amp and a guitar.

Genres? - Let's just say straight up rock. For dirt think Powderfinger and Incubus (I like later Incubus for guitar work, the earlier stuff moreso for the bass). Cleans I'd like something along the lines of Death Cab For Cutie, but obviously I don't have Dr. Z money to spend here.

New or Used? - Either, more a fan of used if I can find the right amp.

Home or Gig? - Both definitely.

Closest City? - In between Melbourne and Sydney, probably closer to Melbourne, not bothered about shipping from out-of-state.

Current Gear? - I run my modded Strat and Epiphone Dot through a Tech 21 British Pedal into a Gallien Krueger MB200 bass amp head then into a Ampeg 610 cabinet at the moment, I think I blew the speaker on my little Vox Cambridge combo.

This is from my tax return money which I'll be getting towards the start of next month. It's either get a nice BFR Stingray I've got my eyes on or a new guitar rig (which I really need more).
For the guitar I really want a Tele. Probably the Thinline with the Humbucker in the neck and single in the bridge. I'll probably bring this over from Japan so there's about 800ish gone. Any other suggestions on that are welcome though. I didn't post this in EG because I'm not big on Schecters and EMGs.

The amps I had in mind were the Jet City 50 watt 212 combo and perhaps the Orange Dual Terror and a PPC212 which would probably cost a little more. This is where I need the most help. There's gotta be something out there for around my budget that can get me near where I want to be. 212 and 30+ watts preferred.

Any and all suggestions/advice appreciated (except stupid ones).
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
the Jet City is a really good amp, but so is the Orange. It really comes down to preference as far as wich sound do you like better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
For the amp, I would recommend the Blackstar HT60 STAGE 60 Venue*, it's loud enough to gig, 212, at 60W, and go do ANYTHING. Happy shopping!
Last edited by intotheend at Jul 2, 2011,
Not overly keen on the Blackstars with all the solid state shenanigans. Add to that, I've heard about a few of them breaking not long out of the box.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
^^ I tried a few blackstars out because of all the good reviews online and I was very dissapointed thay sound muddy and undefined to me.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Anyone played the HiWatt Hi-Gain 212 combo? Also any idea of how an AC30 would go for what I want?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I hate to be a bumper but it seems my threads in GG&A always seem to go this way... No other suggestions?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
You can find a used Vox AC30 for just over a thousand usually. that plus a good OD should get you need.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
http://www.miamplification.com/ - Australian amps, designed and built in Sydney. Great quality, extremely competetive prices. Excellent customer service too, if you like that. Bought a Megalith Beta off them a month ago and love it to death.

Billy Hyde Music stock MI amps, so you should find at least one sitting around somewhere. Iron Duke is pretty new, sells for $1799 direct from MI with free shipping. Pushing your budget, but that's your call.

Other than that, the Dual Terror and PCB212 combination is an excellent call. Stay well away from the JCA's, they're completely outclassed by Orange. That said, the only Oranges I like are the Terror, Rockerverb and Thunderverb series'. Everything else was underwhelming. Don't be shy of Marshalls, you can pick up a DSL100 from anywhere between $1000-1500 second hand, matching cabinets are cheap as chips.