Now that I can sort of play the barre chords, I need to change more quickly. My pinky and ring get set up fairly quickly but my middle and index are slow. How do I improve? Any suggestions?
-Mike
practicing alot.... and also get some motivation to do it....
for example a song you really desperately want to learn
with alot of barre chords good luck!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Do it slowly. Make sure your muscles "memorize" where there supposed to go.

I think this is probably all I can do at this point. If I go to fast, the chord does not come out right anyway
-Mike
I got ok at them by sitting for 5 minutes at a time just changing between open chords and barre chords, strumming gently until I could get them at a decent speed.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Quote by Widefingers
I think this is probably all I can do at this point. If I go to fast, the chord does not come out right anyway

You're right, and it's the only thing you should be doing.

The best way to get better at something is to keep doing it correctly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah practice a lot. Go from D to F, G to F, C to F, Am to F. You''l realize that you won't even need to practice D to F# or D to Ab because it's the same motion used in the D to F transition. When i was practicing D and C to F, i remember it took me about 3 weeks to finally nail it and everything just fell into place with barre chords after that.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"