i've been playing my electric guitar through a friend's old tube amp for around 6 months & i've used only individual effect pedals(that too,mostly one at a time) till now.Now i've got a digitech rp 355 as a gift & i'm completely unfamiliar with it.Can anyone post a guide to it here? i've read the manual but it's too short & tricky.
You see the two foot switches on the left? they let you move up and down on the presets.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
imo I think you should try to get rid of the Digitech and get something else. I had a RP90 and hated it, it also broke after about 5 months and also tryed some other Digitech multi effects and don't think there to good compared to other multi effects like Line 6
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Don't listen to him, Digitech units are awesome. Nin, the rp90 is plastic and the rp355 is metal.
Quote by Vendetta V
exactly!!! RP90 was released in early 2000s i assume, RP355 only about 2 years ago. nevertheless there's a HUGE difference

Nvm I stand corrected I guess
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
thank u all.since i got the rp355 as a gift,i couldn't reject it.boss me series units don't have amp modelling & line6 products within this price range have lesser features.rp 355 body is die cast,not plastic like in low-end digitech products.so i think it's my luck that i got such a nice product,specially as i will never be able to save enough money to buy individual effect pedals.yes,i read the manual,but as i already said,it's too tricky.so help me in any way u can,dudes & dudesses.besides,this model is comparatively newer,so better.
Yeah, you'll really like the rp355.
woohooo ok this sounds cool, I'm a die hard Digitech man actually and i'll say that RP355 is the best in it's price range!!!!

ok now to start you off, see there's 3 black stomp switches and one expression pedal. it's usually assigned as a volume control, push it up all teh way then apply some additional force and you'll turn on the wah (it's like crybaby wah or something, the concept to turn it on you know). now the first (left) stompswitch is to move a preset down, the second (middle) is to go a preset up, the third is a channel selector, like on an amp it selects between to amp channels. just stomp it and you'll get the hang of it.
that should work for now, tell me what you're interested in further and i'll do my best to try and explain it

also to power the thing you just plug the DC jack intothe unit then plug the adapter, do not leave the power supply on all teh time and disconnect it from the DC jack since some people had experienced damages caused this way (not me personally but i've heard some)
also to power the thing you just plug the DC jack intothe unit then plug the adapter, do not leave the power supply on all teh time and disconnect it from the DC jack since some people had experienced damages caused this way (not me personally but i've heard some)
So you mean we should take out the power cord from the unit when we are not using it?
Quote by kutless999

So you mean we should take out the power cord from the unit when we are not using it?

No i actually mean teh opposite, you leave the thing in and unplug the power suply from the wallwart.

sorry if I got you confused the first time, im just thru a really exhaustive day