So my guitar is currently tuned in E standard tuning with 10-52 strings and the scale is 25.5. I want to tune it down to C standard and want to keep a similar tension. Could you guys help ? I was thinking of putting some daddario 12-60.
Thx
a 12-60 set seems like it would work. seeing as their 7 string packs with a 59 are a bit flabby tuned to B. a half step up (c) seems like the tension would be right for what your looking at.
I also vouch for d'Addario 12's. I have an LTD MH-400 with those in them, tuned to C. And it sounds monstrous. Even in clean they sound beautiful and full.
I believe I have a 54, but I can't be sure. I had my guitar professionally set up this last time. I had some trouble with my pots that I couldn't fix myself.
I feel ya man. I honestly wish I knew but I swear its a 54. But its cool to know that other people are making the switch to C. I have two Floyd guitars, my ESP and an Ibanez, and I tune my ESP to C and Ibanez to E. And having gone to C, I'll never change it back. Its too awesome man.
haha awesome, I think I'll go with the 60 since I use a 52 in standard, a 54 wont make alot of difference. Thx for the replies !
I use Elixer 11's, as I play in C standard as well. I used 12 and 13 guage strings when I was in B flat standard. 11's seem to have just enough tension without being too overbearing.
i use not even slinkys for my guitar. i play mostly in c standard and drop b and it works perfectly for me. they go 12-56
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Daddario makes a jazz st thats a 13-56. I used to use that in C and it worked great. Not too much tention and it wasn't floppy either.
Quote by reclamation901
So my guitar is currently tuned in E standard tuning with 10-52 strings and the scale is 25.5. I want to tune it down to C standard and want to keep a similar tension. Could you guys help ? I was thinking of putting some daddario 12-60.
Thx

.012-.060 would probably work, yeah.