Aliens
7 8%
Our minds are evolving to experience higher dimensions
18 19%
Suspect Drugs
35 38%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
I had a neat experience a while back. I woke up in the morning and decided to stay in bed for a while. I was starting to doze back asleep when I clearly heard a friend of mine say something. I was puzzled as to why I was hearing that person in my head, but didn't think too much of it. I then proceded to get up, turn on the PC, read my favorite webcomics and check facebook.

I then saw that the girl had posted the exact thing she had said in my head, less than two minutes before I saw it.

It's not the first time, either. It's happened about 5 other times that I can remember, and it was always in that weird state between sleeping and waking up.

Anybody ever had something like this? Is it ESP? Coincidence? Aliens? Zordon? Miracles?
Next time you think this happens, write down what you think was said.

When you look again I bet itall be nothing like it.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
That has happened to me when I was dreaming a couple of times. Something would happen in my dream, and something very similar happens in real life. But I agree with SG_dave.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by SG_dave
I'd say some weird form of Deja Vu.

You're still in the groggy state when you read the comment and link it to a past memory. The voice is created by the expectation of that persons voice saying that phrase/comment.

Well what about that time I dreamed a friend got in a car crash, and he got in a car crash the next day?

(Invalid img)
How's that for a coincidence, Professor? With all your precious science!

No but seriously, I don't think that it's magic or anything, but wasn't there that experiment with little pricks on the arm, where the brain reacted differently in the present depending on how the pricks occured in the future?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 2, 2011,
this has happened to me too many times
first time it happened i just shouted at my friend i already knew what they were going to say
never happened in short times of occuring, usually a night or 2 beforehand for me
Yes, it has. I don`t know what it is, but it`s weird. Kinda like the Spice in Dune.
I thought it wasn't deja vu, as he was hearing it first, and then seeing it. Anyhow, I get the same things with dreams sometimes. In that I'll dream a pretty boring moment and then it'll happen in the exact same way in real life. I'm not sure what it is, but it's freaking sweet. Makes me think humans will be able to do cool shit in the future.
Yesterday I was gonna watch Ratatouille. It wouldn't load because of my crappy connection, so I decided to do something else. Ten minutes later, there was a rat in my kitchen.

Same thing, amirite?
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
It's AIDS. It give people powers before it kills them.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by Sir Daniel
Yesterday I was gonna watch Ratatouille. It wouldn't load because of my crappy connection, so I decided to do something else. Ten minutes later, there was a rat in my kitchen.

Same thing, amirite?

Not really, because it's two incidents that are only connected by the fact that they have to do with rats. Dreaming about something and then having it immediately become reality is different.
There is a psychological explanation for this. Its pretty common. I forget what its called though. It has been some time since I took psych, but I remember this exact topic because I though to myself, "OMG, that happens to me!" Maybe someone else knows...

Quote by CoreysMonster
Well what about that time I dreamed a friend got in a car crash, and he got in a car crash the next day?

(Invalid img)
How's that for a coincidence, Professor? With all your precious science!

No but seriously, I don't think that it's magic or anything, but wasn't there that experiment with little pricks on the arm, where the brain reacted differently in the present depending on how the pricks occured in the future?

Interesting If True.
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Jul 2, 2011,
Time to sit on the fence *cracks knuckles*

I've had it countless times and continue to have it. Do i believe it's my mind playing tricks? No. Do i believe it could be coincidence? Maybe.

Regardless of scientific endeavors and those that claim to have the 'answer', there simply isn't one.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Lottery numbers. Dream them bitch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Anthony1991
Regardless of scientific endeavors and those that claim to have the 'answer', there simply isn't one.

There's no answer to the meaning of life, either, but it's still fun to talk about
Quote by CoreysMonster
There's no answer to the meaning of life, either, but it's still fun to talk about

"Probably some hogwash about the human spirit." ~Professor Farnsworth
Quote by CoreysMonster

Haha yeh i wasn't dumping on the thread or it's discussion values or anything!

I was just waiting for the shit storm of people denying such things on scientific grounds, whilst presenting no evidence nor actually understanding the nature of science itself.

I have made life decisions because i've felt i've 'seen' this particular thing before - but at the same time, why would i follow that? I still can't answer that, but it's what i've done. I believe in Destiny and so on
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
What kind of drugs are you on? More importantly, can I have some?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
What kind of drugs are you on? More importantly, can I have some?

Would it stop you posting threads about kids getting raped?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Would it stop you posting threads about kids getting raped?

Hey it's been days since the last sexual abuse thread.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Quote by Woffelz
Hey it's been days since the last sexual abuse thread.

It's not something to boast about when you even made threads like that in the first place, and then got a reputation for doing so.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
It's not something to boast about when you even made threads like that in the first place, and then got a reputation for doing so.

Duh, that's why I said it.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Quote by Jackal58
Lottery numbers. Dream them bitch.

This. Why haven't you done it before?

And then shared the numbers with me
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Woffelz
Duh, that's why I said it.

But you've said it countless times, especially in the threads that both contain, and do not contain, sexual child abuse. It's fine that you've decided to 'get in on the joke', but it's also just as sad as being the butt of the joke in the first place;

TL;DR, stop posting sexual abuse articles you freaking weirdo.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
If there was an "Other" option, I'd vote "Other."

We live the days of our lives, and in any given day we come across hundreds of thousands of things, events, people, words, phrases, everything. Given the vast amount of sheer stuff we come into contact with every day, I'd be more surprised if I never had an occasion in which the exact thing I was thinking about happened. It's just probability.
Quote by Seref
If there was an "Other" option, I'd vote "Other."

We live the days of our lives, and in any given day we come across hundreds of thousands of things, events, people, words, phrases, everything. Given the vast amount of sheer stuff we come into contact with every day, I'd be more surprised if I never had an occasion in which the exact thing I was thinking about happened. It's just probability.

So me dreaming of a person out of billions saying the same thing two hours later on facebook is probable? Not to mention that this has happened to me several times before, in different variations, as well as to probably quite a few other people?

I can see how some kind of psychological thing might make me think I dreamed what I read, but to say that it's "probable" to just be a coincidence is pretty laughable.
Quote by darkcheef

It's clearly aliens

Oh history channel, how you have fallen.
Suspect drugs. Seriously, one time I was high, and I could see what I would see in the future (only several seconds later, but still the future, and still turned out to happen).
Quote by CoreysMonster
So me dreaming of a person out of billions saying the same thing two hours later on facebook is probable? Not to mention that this has happened to me several times before, in different variations, as well as to probably quite a few other people?

I can see how some kind of psychological thing might make me think I dreamed what I read, but to say that it's "probable" to just be a coincidence is pretty laughable.

"Probability is a way of expressing knowledge or belief that an event will occur or has occurred. The concept has an exact mathematical meaning in probability theory, which is used extensively in such areas of study as mathematics, statistics, finance, gambling, science, artificial intelligence/machine learning and philosophy to draw conclusions about the likelihood of potential events and the underlying mechanics of complex systems."

Yes, it's probability. Throughout your whole life, how many things do you see? Hear? Experience? Billions upon millions of little things. How many things do you think about? Billions upon millions on little things. At some point, yes it is probable that they will coincide. The time of the thought has nothing to do with it. If you had thought it the day before you still would have thought it was weird.

The probability is small, sure, but it's still a probability. Probability doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen, it means that there is a quantifiable chance that it will.

Sure, the chances of it happening is 1,000,000,000:1. But then again, how often does it happen?
Last edited by Seref at Jul 2, 2011,
Quote by Seref

The probability is small, sure, but it's still a probability. Probability doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen, it means that there is a quantifiable chance that it will.

This.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Anybody ever had something like this? Is it ESP? Coincidence? Aliens? Zordon? Miracles?

Yeah, I think I predicted this thread title once https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617135

I think we're telepathically connected, maannnn.

I've had it before, more than once. It's an interesting idea, and I think most people have had similar experiences.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Goddidit
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Page 1 of 2