Allright, so my situation; I have a 120watt crate amp that I bought from my friend(who he hardly used, just let it sit in his garage because he had a jcm800 2203(real vintage)) for like $50.

It's worth a fair bit more than 50, i could get 150-200 for it, but I'm wondering if I should sell it, or just change the speakers(because the stock speakers are not that great)

my options:
I'm not very rich, yet i'm not poor. So I could save up for the amp my friend has(cab + head is around 2k, This would take around 6 months) or would it be worth it to change the speakers on my amp?

If you think i should save up for the new amp and just bear with the bad speakers for 6 months, great, i probably will.

but if you think i should change my speakers(by the way its a 2x12), the what speakers should I use?
I was thinking about Celestion G12T-75 12" Speakers
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
theres no point in upgrading the speakers in that amp, id say save up for an amp thatll actually have a really good sound.
yeah that's what I was leaning towards, but I really just wanted to hear some other musicians opinions
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
your better off upgrading the whole rig in the long run.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae