I recently bought a Boss BR-1600 recording box and I'm beginning to think this thing is the spawn of Satan.

How the hell do I turn off the reverb?? I don't play with much reverb and it's so high it's making every note I play reverb like twelve times, and it's totally screwing up my songs!!

Thanks
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
You Have To Have 8 Years Of College To Figure It Out Hell I Ahve No Idea How To Get My Mic To Work Ive Had Mine For 7 Years And Still Have No Freakin Idea Someone Who Has One Dam It Tell Us You Tube Videos Show Crap For Us Non Comouter Nerds
Are you recording with reverb from your amp or is the Boss adding it to the mix? I'd suggest turning it all off at your amp/effects, then adding it on later in the mixing process.

If you're already doing that, in the BR1600s effects settings there will be a few different settings. You'll either want to turn down the amount of effect you're getting or the level it plays the effect at. Adding & removing effects will be covered in the manual.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Are you using the BR to record with the mic or by plugging straight in and using the amp/cab sims?

I'm pretty sure you can just hit the "effects" button and turn on/off the effects. Another thing you can do is put the input into "rec dry" mode so that it records just the dry signal, but you actually hear the signal with the effects added to it.

You can also just go in and turn the individual effects on and off (reverb, delay, chorus, etc.). I'm not sure on the exact procedure for this on the BR1600, but on the 600 you just hit the effects button and scroll to the patch you want. Then highlight "edit" and press enter. This lets you change individual settings within the patch.

I have the BR600 so I'm not sure if it's exactly the same but I will be fooling around with some recordings later today so I will post if I find any more relevant info.

To be honest I somewhat wish I would have just gone with a mic + interface and DAW, but the capabilities the BR units have a pretty impressive. However, it's been a huge pain for me to figure out how to use.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Last edited by Tremolo Bum at Feb 13, 2013,
Quote by INSULIN
You Have To Have 8 Years Of College To Figure It Out Hell I Ahve No Idea How To Get My Mic To Work Ive Had Mine For 7 Years And Still Have No Freakin Idea Someone Who Has One Dam It Tell Us You Tube Videos Show Crap For Us Non Comouter Nerds

Lol what a useless necrobump.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115