I was recently over at a friends house and we were jamming and I was playing his guitar. For some reason I could sweep pick way easier. Is there certain guitars that are easier to sweep? Maybe guitars with frets that are more spaced? He had an epiphone
What guitar do you have? I'd say it's most likely that it's all in your head.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Maybe his action was lower, also fret spacing is all based on preference. That could very well be it.
It most definitely is NOT in your head, as I've noticed some guitars that I can perform sweep picking better than with others. String spacing is something that seems like a probable factor, as well as fingerboard radius.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
It's a hamer sunburst. Origanlly worth 300 I think but now it's worth 75 cus of all the scratches and dents. And the neck need to be adjusted. All in all it's a piece of shit
It's all about comfort. There is no guitar that is better for anything than any other guitar, but everybody is different and has different hands, and different hands react differently to different necks and guitars.

Obviously your hands like your friends Epiphone more than your current guitar. Consider that as a step toward finding out what guitar(s) is truly for you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Fret spacing probably doesn't affect feel too much, the actually difference in the fret width between a 24.74 and 25.5 neck isn't very much, unless you have small hands. The strings will be closer together on a Les Paul vs a Strat, but again, not really a huge amount. I'd say it probably comes done to action, neck profile, and string gauge more than anything, and string gauge is probably not very applicable either, but it's all preference There's also the pick that was being used to consider as well.