Hello all,
I need a pedal to eliminate all of the high gain hiss and feedback from my amp. I have no idea where or what to turn to for this predicament and am hoping that somebody will help me out. I want to keep as much tone as possible but eliminate a great majority to ALL of the feedback.

Thanks everyone

KEEP IT METAL
Budget? Sounds like you need a Noise Gate. ISP Decimator seems to be widely regarded as one of the best.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Put an ISP Decimator in your effects loop.
Quote by Danusta
Yes, I like Green Day and girls. What of it?
Quote by GNR4EVER
Budget? Sounds like you need a Noise Gate. ISP Decimator seems to be widely regarded as one of the best.

i dont really want to go over 200, but if the isp is as good as everyone says, i would be willing to spend the extra
Whats the difference between the two? I am looking for a noise gate too.
GEAR:

1994 MIM Squier Strat with custom paint
Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
i REALLY like the way this decimator destroys all of the feedback thats thrown at it, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the "decimator" and the "decimator g string"?
i just bought an mxr smart gate a few weeks ago to stop my 6505 from feeding back and making sounds i don't want and it does a very good job. its a lot cheeper than the decimator too. just thought i'd throw that out there as an option.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
i just bought an mxr smart gate a few weeks ago to stop my 6505 from feeding back and making sounds i don't want and it does a very good job. its a lot cheeper than the decimator too. just thought i'd throw that out there as an option.

Im always open for opinions and suggestions for new gear
thats good too hear. a lot people just want what they want lol. i think its a great little pedal. its got a few options on it so its not like a one trick pony. i did notice that it colors tone slightly when i use it in the effects loop but i use it in front of the preamp anyways and theres no tone change i can notice. it does what it was built for very well and i have never been cut off when trying to hold a note before with it. its worth at least looking into.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Smart Gate didn't work for me, either didn't stop any feedback or ruined my signal. I have a Decimator I need to sell so I can get an amp switch, will do $90 shipped.
Quote by Psychopathology
Smart Gate didn't work for me, either didn't stop any feedback or ruined my signal. I have a Decimator I need to sell so I can get an amp switch, will do $90 shipped.

haha i see what you're doing. gotta make that cash flow though lol
btw i'd buy his pedal cuz thats not a bad price at all
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Are you running any pedals? Are you sure your noise is coming just from your amp, and not anything else? If so, then a regular Smart Gate or Decimator should do the trick.

If you're getting noise from your chain before the amp, and from the amp, you'll need a NS-2 or a Decimator G String.

The Decimators are the best noise gates you can get, but they'll cost you. I've found that the NS-2 really suits my needs (I got it used for $55 or something), and I haven't noticed any tone loss worth complaining about.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Goodtimes666
haha i see what you're doing. gotta make that cash flow though lol