Page 1 of 2
And by read i mean novels or something of considerable length, UG forums dont count.

I havent read a book on my space time since when Harry Potter 7 came out, so i decided i might as well start a novel, and chose Angels and Demons.

so do you read? and if so what are you reading?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I read before I go to sleep. Fiction books. Double fudge
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I read just about every day, and I'm currently rereading Frank Herbert's Dune at the moment. Gonna try to revisit the whole original series this summer.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
I try to read but I find myself constantly rereading the same lines. I also have to be in a completely quiet room which gets boring real quick. I'm trying to start this collection of HP Lovecraft stories this summer.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I read several books at a time. I have a couple fiction books going, as well as a Calvin and Hobbes comic collection, and a nonfiction book about Anciet Greece culture
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
I try to, but I've fallen behind this summer. I'm currently reading Diamonds Are Forever by Ian Fleming. As soon as I'm done with that I hope to start in on Jurassic Park & The Lost World by Michael Crichton.
I don't usually read because most books that involve things like in those HP books or LOTR books, I can never visualize. So instead of the story being all vivid and clear in my mind, it just ends up as me just reading some words on a page.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
No, I used to read massive amounts when I was a kid but now I don't really have enough concentration to.
Somehow I stopped reading One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest about halfway through, and didn't read for ages. Started again today. Brilliant book.

I'm not on of these people who'll read for hours a day, maybe 30 odd minutes before I go to sleep, though.
sadly no, my laptop has taken over from the novels I used to read in bed and while having breakfast, I still read on holidays though, I can get through 6 or 7 novels in a 2 week holiday easily just when relaxing by the pool, usually Clive Cussler novels which i am obsessed with or rockstar biographies/autobiographies, war novels/stories or animal/dinosaur related horrors aswell
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i decided i might as well start a novel, and chose Angels and Demons.

Good choice

I read for about half an hour before bed just to calm down a bit, favourite books so far are Eragon and it's sequels... film was a massive let down though
Periphery, love that shit!
The movie was terrible. I'm not a big fantasy guy anymore, but I just need to read the last Eragon book for closure.
Yeah, didn't for like a year but got back into it a few months back. Fanatasy seems to be my preferred genre of choice, although I do like to dip into sci-fi and crime. On the subject of Eragon, they're...alirght I guess. They get progressively worse as the series goes on, I was unable to get 1/4 the way through Brisingr. There's many better fanatasy books to pick up.

It was also once brought to my attention that the Eragon series is basically Star Wars with dragons, cannot unsee it.
I've been reading this anthology of erotic stories called Erotica. Pretty awesome book. Only a third done with it.

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
I enjoy reading. I'm reading Chronicles of Narnia right now and then I'm going to re-read the Percy Jackson series before The Son of Neptune comes out in October.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by trueamerican
Due, then you should read The Sea Hawk. Olololololol
-____-
I read every day. Usually before bed, but occassionally I'll read during the day as well if I'm bored or in the mood.

At the moment I'm on book 17 of a 20 books series that Master and Commander was based on. It's epic
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I'm trying to get back into reading fiction, but for the last 5 or so years I've just been reading non fiction. I just recently picked up a book on agricultural science and some Aristotle that I plan on reading this week.

I try to read every day before I go to bed, but it doesn't always work out. I end up going in and out of phases where I read almost constantly and where I barely read anything.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jul 2, 2011,
I've been trying to read more, but time is hard to come by lately When do you guys usually read? I usually end up having free time within an hour or two of when I go to sleep, but by then I'm usually somewhat tired and lack the attention span. I guess if the book if good, right?

On my reading list right now is Franny and Zooey by Salinger and For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway. I might also reread The Old Man and the Sea.
I'm going to read Les Misérables again this summer. And maybe Watchmen and another graphic novel.
I finished the meat of House of Leaves recently, I still need to finish checking out the appendices, and I also have The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft that I'm about 1/7 through. It's an enormous book. I've also been reading some Bizzaro Fiction. I recently read Ass Goblins of Auschwitz and The Haunted Vagina.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm trying to get back into reading fiction, but for the last 5 or so years I've just been reading non fiction. I just recently picked up a book on agricultural science and some Aristotle that I plan on reading this week.

I try to read every day before I go to bed, but it doesn't always work out. I end up going in and out of phases where I read almost constantly and where I barely read anything.

That's kinda, random. But fair enough. I find it really difficult to read non fiction, it might just be coz I have to do it for uni so it doesn't strike me as a leisure experience.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
That's kinda, random. But fair enough. I find it really difficult to read non fiction, it might just be coz I have to do it for uni so it doesn't strike me as a leisure experience.

I have weird interests. I read as much non fiction as I do because I have a thirst for knowledge of sorts and I'm not going to uni until next year. I'd feel bad if I wasn't reading non fiction. I'm looking at picking up a long fantasy series for the summer, I was actually going to head into the literature thread (I can't remember what it is called) and ask you for recommendations.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jul 2, 2011,
Manga. I read ridiculous amounts of manga and very little of anything else. I am currently between manga, but I just finished reading Lunar Legend Tsukihime for the second time. I think I'm going to read Tsubame Syndrome again next.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I have weird interests. I read as much non fiction as I do because I have a thirst for knowledge of sorts and I'm not going to uni until next year. I'd feel bad if I wasn't reading non fiction. I'm looking at picking up a long fantasy series for the summer, I was actually going to head into the literature thread (I can't remember what it is called) and ask you for recommendations.

Yea fair enough. I think doing a history and politics course, I have to do so much reading that it's nice to have a fiction book to just relax with in my spare time.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I read the Star Wars novels. Finished six last month, one this month. I'm on the Corellian Trilogy and going in no particular order. I've been reading them sporadically since about 17, I'm 22 now.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Yea fair enough. I think doing a history and politics course, I have to do so much reading that it's nice to have a fiction book to just relax with in my spare time.

I'll probably be feeling the same way soon, I'm planning on majoring in history.

Also, I think I just mixed you up for Dann. Your avatars are too similar. >_>
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'll probably be feeling the same way soon, I'm planning on majoring in history.

Also, I think I just mixed you up for Dann. Your avatars are too similar. >_>

Yea he's in the literature thread more than I am, I drop in occassionally but because the series I'm on is so long and no one else has read it so I don't post much

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I wish I still did... Once I hit high school reading kind of faded out of my life, I really should start again.

As for Eragon... The first was decent, bit I'm not a fan of Paloni's writing style. The first would have been great in someone elses hands, but the others were way too long with too many subplots and story twists. I wouldn't read the last except for the sake I need closure.
I pride myself on my humility.
Page 1 of 2