Poll Options
View poll results: ?
Fender
6 67%
Squier
3 33%
Voters: 9.
Here's the costs:

Squier Affinity Tele - £145 (I'm from Britain)
Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocaster Pickup Set - £100

Total - 245

Fender Standard Tele - £400

So if I got the squier, I'd have 155 quid left over. Should I go for the squier or is it worth the extra cash to get a fender?
Last edited by PBassTeleLove19 at Jul 2, 2011,
Definitely play both guitars yourself before making a decision. Remember, you aren't just paying for pickups, but for quality woods, tuners, etc. You will be sacrificing both with the Squier but, if it sounds just as good as the Fender, go for it.
what ^^^ said. Try both and if there isn't a big difference in playability and you don't mind worse hardware go for it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by asaber89
Definitely play both guitars yourself before making a decision. Remember, you aren't just paying for pickups, but for quality woods, tuners, etc. You will be sacrificing both with the Squier but, if it sounds just as good as the Fender, go for it.

I believe both of the guitars have alder bodies. Thanks for the post
Go for the Fender. Or at least the Squier Classic Vibe. I have an Affinity Tele, and honestly, it plays amazing and sounds good (not great, though), but it started falling apart after a few months. First a knob goes, then maybe the (plastic) input jack plate, then you have failing pots, poor solder points come loose, and the switch fails, etc. I've had to switch out most of the electronics (i.e. everything but the actual input jack) since I've had it (late 2009). Buying one will save you money now, but it'll just become a headache later. In fact, my Affinity Tele is sitting in its gig bag right now, unstrung and untouched for at least a couple of months.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Go for the Fender. Or at least the Squier Classic Vibe. I have an Affinity Tele, and honestly, it plays amazing and sounds good (not great, though), but it started falling apart after a few months. First a knob goes, then maybe the (plastic) input jack plate, then you have failing pots, poor solder points come loose, and the switch fails, etc. I've had to switch out most of the electronics (i.e. everything but the actual input jack) since I've had it (late 2009). Buying one will save you money now, but it'll just become a headache later. In fact, my Affinity Tele is sitting in its gig bag right now, unstrung and untouched for at least a couple of months.

This. You better count on changing all of the pots and probably the switch out on the affinity. That's gonna put you up closer to the cost of a classic vibe, and the pickups on classic vibe are good, so you don't really need to change them out. I don't know about the tuners on squiers, but you can pretty much count on changing those out on the MiM strat. Fortunately you can get a set of Gotoh tuners for cheap, probably even cheaper if you go with Wilkinson.
You can pick up a second hand Squier for under a £100. I would do that, then replace virtually all the parts. You'd still be well under the Fender price.
I second the Classic Vibe tele. Great pick-ups, great hardware and woods and nice finishes. Some even prefer it over American tele's!
Don't get the Affinity. It's only made of alder in America. The EU ones are agathis like the other cheap Squiers and their bodies are thinner too. If you buy a Standard at least you're getting the full body thickness. Vintage do some really good Tele copies that actually ARE alder. Classic Vibe Squiers are made of pine which is really nice. Or buy a second hand Fender Standard.