I don't get the P Bass. The pickup config is different from the other ones. Is this a special P Bass?
both the P-bass and the J-bass are different.

The P-bass has dual humbuckers and the J-bass has dual split-p pups
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Looks cool. I will be interested to get my hands on one and see how it plays.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by will42
both the P-bass and the J-bass are different.

The P-bass has dual humbuckers and the J-bass has dual split-p pups

Well now why would they give the J Bass P style pickups and the P bass humbuckers? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
But on a a serious note, those both look good. I really like the J (which is really a P but whatever) if I wasn't saving up for the new Paul Gilbert Fireman, unannounced price but I'm still saving up, then I would probably get the J. Looks too cool to pass up. Thanks for the heads up Master Bass(oon)ist.
i was saving for a sterling stingray... these ones look sweet...

wish to have 2 humbuckers at J-bass with one pole ... not 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
Wow, i'm surprised at the price. $500 isn't bad for a Fender, especially these days.
pinga
Pretty cheap considering that Fender has been hiking it's prices.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
A double humbucker Fender? Did hell freeze over or something?

Pretty sweet...
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Well if Fender can put double humbuckers on their basses now, surely they can do 24 fret necks?

A man can dream
pinga
They did. Mine looks like this one, and it is a fantastic instrument!

Sadly, I fear we'll not see its like again.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Skullivan
Well now why would they give the J Bass P style pickups and the P bass humbuckers? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
But on a a serious note, those both look good. I really like the J (which is really a P but whatever) if I wasn't saving up for the new Paul Gilbert Fireman, unannounced price but I'm still saving up, then I would probably get the J. Looks too cool to pass up. Thanks for the heads up Master Bass(oon)ist.

Ahh a man with similar taste in guitars :P honestly I will consider even less than $2000 for it as a good price, considering the $7000 price tag of the other one Hopefully it's not too badly priced though
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
Ahh a man with similar taste in guitars :P honestly I will consider even less than $2000 for it as a good price, considering the $7000 price tag of the other one Hopefully it's not too badly priced though

Yeah, I'm thinkin' it'll be under $2000 but still more expensive than the PGM's. It being a "new" style for PG. *hijack*
I want that double P jazz bass, that is just sexy
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by FatalGear41
They did. Mine looks like this one, and it is a fantastic instrument!

Sadly, I fear we'll not see its like again.

those don't even count as fenders. like, im with cb4rabid. I want a jazz bass with 24 frets. not a jazz bass with out a pickgaurd using fancy wood and active electronics. I want a freaking jazz, with a 24 fret neck.
no sir away a papaya war is on
That P looks rreeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllyyy nice in grey. Now I gotta decide between that and a VM Jazz...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Fender really needs to get their act together with colors.

I'm curious to try one, but the rosewood fretboards are really putting me off from considering buying one.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos

I'm curious to try one, but the rosewood fretboards are really putting me off from considering buying one.

+1 that jazz with a maple board even in black would be my dream bass, put an aged pearl or a red tort guard on it from warmoth and go
Quote by Tostitos

Are you joking?

Dat Silver...
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0328402506

anyone else excited about this? i was just looking at the bronco and how some people were modding it to look like a mustang or musicmaster and then this comes out, pretty cool. and on best buy $279

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/popup.php?root_dir=&web_root=&img=prod_images/basses/0328402506_xl.jpg&name=Vintage+Modified+Mustang%26reg%3B+Bass&node0=1#bottom
Interested, for sure...

HATE Fender colors these days...

The price is nice though...

But if i'd get one, i'd be spending another $50 on at LEAST a new pickguard (The only way i can stomach black/rosewood is with a tort guard)...

I like the HH P more than the PP Jazz...

I want a Jazz neck though...

I still think that a Squier VM Musicmaster would be a WAYYYYYYYY better move than a Squier VM Mustang...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
The P-bass is confusing me. I love double buckers and I worship P-basses. But seeing an HH configuration on a P-bass is weirding me out.

I'll end up buying one anyway.
oh wow thats awsome the ps pick ups look like they work great and that gray finshe looks great nice i would get it but i just whant a cheap gcr205
Luuuuuurve that double P Jazz....but my hearts deffo set on the SS squire jag, after playing around with one, the body contours...ooooo...the new mustang looks cool,but I <3 my fender mustang so much,Id kinda feel like I was betraying it if I picked up the squire verison,the maple fretboard tho...mmmmm...dammit Im suffering uber GAS
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"