Ok i wrote a song wondering what type it should be one person said country one said rap but i was thinking a rock/ pop kinda thing so here it is

Rejected*

Intro) Youve rejected me so many times
So its finnaly my turn*

1v)You think your so cool with your shiney new stuff walking down the hall and showing it off*
Well i think its about time that someone finally told you*

Chorus) It aint about the cloths it aint about the bling its all whats underneath it aint about the car it aint about the house its what you care about it aint about life... Its about love*

2v) you cant hurt me ive already been hurt you cant lie to me ive already been lied to its not about life its what you make of it*

Chorus) It aint about the cloths it aint about the bling its all whats underneath it aint about the car it aint about the house its what you care about it aint about life... Its about love

Solo

3v) you think you so tough you think your so big i bet your wondering what to do so let me tell you

*Picking chourus)*It aint about the cloths it aint about the bling its all whats underneath it aint about the car it aint about the house its what you care about it aint about life... Its about love
Its all about love
Its all about love*
Its all about love*

Thx for the help
EDIT: ask and ill post more i got 2 more songs like this and working on more
Last edited by bassbro1235 at Jul 3, 2011,
This is just my opinion, but to me, it could really be any of those genres.
Like, it could easily be country, because of the simple lyrics, but they're meaningful. I'm mostly a country artist myself so everything to me automatically goes to that.
However it could be rap, if you chose to add music to it that falls into typically rap music. I know nothing about rap though so I could be wrong.
I personally think it's more country/pop than rock/pop, but that's just me.
I like the lyrics though, they're simple but catchy and quite nice. (:
The great thing about the lyrics forum is that everyone reads the words differently. Its because of this its hard to say what style it should be, afterall I've heard R&B music played acoustically, or given a rock cover and they all sound great.

Only yesterday I wrote a reply to a blues song saying how great a rock/classic rock song it would make.

I read this with a indie rock feel, and it suits quite well, also would make a nice acoustic song.

My only critique isn't what you've wrote but how you've written it, putting all your sections into one sentence suggests it all flows without a break/breath. Spittling them into seperate lines or adding commas would greatly help the reader understand the delivery.

Unless it's suppose to all be sung at once then I would definitely read this as a fast worded rap song, in which case it works.

My favourite line here is " you cant hurt me ive already been hurt you cant lie to me ive already been lied to