Problem is, when I tune my floyd equipped guitar I start at the low E and work to the high E but when I get to the high E and tune it, the low E, A, and D strings are out of tune again. Same applies to when the high 3 strings are in tune and I tune the low 3 strings, the high ones drop out of tune again. If this makes any sense to anyone, I'd appreciate some help
Current Gear:

-ESP KH-602
-Peavey Vypyr 75
-Sanpera II foot switch
Keep tuning it until it stays in tune. because of the way floating bridges work tuning one string can throw the entire instrument out of tune.
I Usually tune E, A, & D, a little sharp, And finish tuning G, B, & high E normally. When it comes around again, it's pretty close. And than finish tuning it with the fine tuners.
Tune in pairs, E and e, A and B, D and G.
You'll have to tune some sharp because the bridge is floating.
A the fun of owning guitars with floating bridges...i have 6!
Just tune the low E and A sharp and then the rest and then recheck.
I only have to say GET USED TO IT and have some patience...that's what the haters of floating bridges lack.
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by guitarstring100
I Usually tune E, A, & D, a little sharp, And finish tuning G, B, & high E normally. When it comes around again, it's pretty close. And than finish tuning it with the fine tuners.

And that pretty much sums it all up....... It's what I've been doing ever since I owned my first floating bridge setup (Ibeys, not true FR's, but same same). The only time I go through the strings more than twice is if they are new and not quite fully stretched yet.
You can use the springs......sometime a little turn on the upper or lower screw on the claw help with balance.
If the floyd is setup right though, you shouldn't need to adjust the springs. I just tune them in order, eventually it all balances out, though it may take longer than the E,e,A,b,D,g method. It's all worth it in the end IMO.
Quote by mmjohn
You can use the springs......sometime a little turn on the upper or lower screw on the claw help with balance.

You shouldn't touch the springs unless the setup is wrong, and even then, before you adjust it you have to get it in tune so you can see what sort of adjustments it needs.
The springs tension can change with the age of strings........and when ur a touch off it can be as simple as a tiny tiny tweak of the springs.....just a word word of advice
Quote by mmjohn
The springs tension can change with the age of strings........and when ur a touch off it can be as simple as a tiny tiny tweak of the springs.....just a word word of advice

That would be why I've never experienced this problem. I swap strings probably more that necessary.
Quote by mmjohn

Whatever tiny differences in tension may occur won't happen unless the strings are very old. I haven't changed the strings on my Charvel for nearly 3 months, the trem hasn't moved at all, and it hasn't gone out of tune.
Adjusting the springs should only be done as part of a setup, not to make tuning easier. If its not set up properly, the knife edges will wear prematurely, and it can compromise tuning stability.

It isn't difficult to tune with a Floyd, so why potentially compromise the setup just because you don't want to tune it the proper way?
Quote by littlephil
Whatever tiny differences in tension may occur won't happen unless the strings are very old. I haven't changed the strings on my Charvel for nearly 3 months, the trem hasn't moved at all, and it hasn't gone out of tune.
Adjusting the springs should only be done as part of a setup, not to make tuning easier. If its not set up properly, the knife edges will wear prematurely, and it can compromise tuning stability.

It isn't difficult to tune with a Floyd, so why potentially compromise the setup just because you don't want to tune it the proper way?

Not all floyds are created alike.......mine stay's in perfect tune also....I was taking into consideration his setup might be just a Tiny bit off.
Tune the low E
Tune the A
Tune the low E
Tune the A
Tune the D
Tune the low E
Tune the A
Tune the D
Tune the G
Tune the low E
Tune the A
Tune the D
Tune the G
Tune the B
Tune the low E
Tune the A
Tune the D
Tune the G
Tune the B
Tune the high E
Tune the low E
Tune the A
Tune the D
Tune the G
Tune the B
Tune the high E.

done.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking