I was watching tge foo fighters tonight, and noticed the guitarist uses a vox ac30 and a fender bassman. Are both amps always on and complement one another or is one engaged with set distortion pedals etc?
could be either. i use a carvin vt50 and a peavey valveking, carvin for cleans, valveking for drive
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
This is just speculation, but based on those two amps in particular, I'd assume that they're being used simultaneously to complement each other, in which case, he'd be running his pedals into both.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
there are lots of uses for multiple amps. the classic combo of a fender for cleans and a marshall for overdrive is fairly common. some people use multiple amps at once to get their own signature sound.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
He also uses a Peavey 6505+ for his gainy stuff. I think he blends the Vox and the Bassman for his Clean/Low gain tones.