When playing through my amp, I can hear the sound of my pick hitting the strings through the amp when I play notes on the high 3 strings (e, B, G).

Wondering if theres any solution to this, as its quite obvious through the sound and annoying.

Any ideas?

PS. Already considered picking angle's effect, theres little/no change.
Last edited by Shayden2008 at Jul 3, 2011,
How high are the pickups? My middle pickup was cranked up high to balance with the humbuckers, and I had this same problem. it went away when I lowered all three.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I have an epiphone SG with original humbuckers.

I think lowering the pickups sounds like quite a good idea..
hey man, what amp are ya using? iremember pluggin into a marshall MG halfstack at guitar center way back when.same situation you know? it was.. a little annoying but wasnt getting on my nerves as much as why someone would buy a mg halfstack. ahaah but it cud be a number of things.the strings you use..the pick you use.. and the treble dial on ya amp.
Quote by jonny.cadillac
hey man, what amp are ya using? iremember pluggin into a marshall MG halfstack at guitar center way back when.same situation you know? it was.. a little annoying but wasnt getting on my nerves as much as why someone would buy a mg halfstack. ahaah but it cud be a number of things.the strings you use..the pick you use.. and the treble dial on ya amp.

Not sure it's the amp's fault, but rather PUPs and settings.

/mg=tehsuxorzolol
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90