Hey guys, right now im rockin an Ibanez rg3 with a dimebucker and 59 in it. ive used these pick ups for a long time, but now that I've gotten deeper into learning the guitar, and recording with a good tone, I've realized the 59 just doesn't have enough output to handle what i want. Don't get me wrong, its smooth, its just..... not all there anymore. Any recommendations for a good sounding set of pickups, preferably passive?
Well, you don't have much info about what exactly you want to sound like and which position the pickup will be in, but I'm gonna guess you play metal. You may as well get rid of the dimebucker if you can, it's a crappy pickup.

Bareknuckles are highly acclaimed around here, but pretty expensive. You can also try out some Dimarzios and Duncans. Can't recommend anything specific since you didn't specify what you want to sound like.
Dimarzio JP Crunch Lab/Liquid Fire combo?
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
http://soundcloud.com/elchimpy

sorry bout that. i guess its considered metal, my gain is always set low though, even though thats not really the "metal" thing to do. most of what i shoot for is a post hardcore feel, but its just easier to say metal.
Quote by jer-bear5212
http://soundcloud.com/elchimpy

sorry bout that. i guess its considered metal, my gain is always set low though, even though thats not really the "metal" thing to do. most of what i shoot for is a post hardcore feel, but its just easier to say metal.

There's nothing wrong with that. I sometimes find that less is more. If you have too much gain, you lose that tightness in the sound.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
bareknuckle warpigs
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by W4RP1G
Well, you don't have much info about what exactly you want to sound like and which position the pickup will be in, but I'm gonna guess you play metal. You may as well get rid of the dimebucker if you can, it's a crappy pickup.

Bareknuckles are highly acclaimed around here, but pretty expensive. You can also try out some Dimarzios and Duncans. Can't recommend anything specific since you didn't specify what you want to sound like.

He said he likes his dimebucker.

TS, you might want to try Dimarzio evolutions. They really scream.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
He said he likes his dimebucker.

TS, you might want to try Dimarzio evolutions. They really scream.

Well, I just kinda skimmed through is and saw he said he wanted a recommendation for a set of pickups.

I agree that the tone in the recording isn't too bad. A pickup can alter the sound towards what someone may be looking for, but it's nowhere near as drastic as the amp used and the eq settings, amongst other things like presence and whatnot.