OK guys, I Have a question for you. I Bought the Peavey Vypyr 75 from sweetwater, Thinking it would be a great amp, Six mounts and two amps later. It wasn't a great idea...I play a lot of metal, (mostly metallica) and throw some classic rock, And blues in there too. I Would like an all-around amp, Basically.

So, What amp would you recommend? It's got to be around $350 though, I was looking at the Bandit 112, Or maybe, The valveking 112? I'm only using it for my bedroom though, So probably not.

But here's the catch, It's got to be from sweetwater, I'm only getting store credit. So...Any ideas? TIA
this might not sound helpfull at all, but as you went trough 3 amps in 6 months you really need to aim a bit higher, i'd say save up till you have 600$ and buy something like a blackstar ht20/peavey 6505+

but anyway, it would be usefull to specify your genre while asking advice on which amp to buy :p because my guesses might be completely off

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by numinis
but anyway, it would be usefull to specify your genre while asking advice on which amp to buy :p because my guesses might be completely off

80's Thrash metal.
Last edited by guitarstring100 at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by guitarstring100
80's Thrash metal.

Used JCM 800 combo.

Save up for that and a tubescreamer, thank me later.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Cube 80xl,
the Valveking looks like your only valve option
possibly valvetronix also

probably would be happier with the tube amps in the long run, but I cannot really recommend the Pro Junior or the Windsor Studio, although they might be OK with some pedals like an OCD or a Green Rhino.
look into the 20watt jet city combo you'll need a od/boost to get in to metal, but it is a very well built amp. Sweetwater has one of the best customer service teams from what I have heard.The Windsor studio is a JCM 800 clone and will work well for what you want, and they are cheap, easy mods to mak it really nice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 3, 2011,
What about a little low watt blackstar ? Or even that solidstate KerryKing marshall practice amp (since he plays.80s thrash)?
Last edited by DeathMetalJesus at Jul 3, 2011,
strech your budget to $399 and get the Peavey windsor studio. If that isn't possible go for the Blackstar ht-1r combo and get a pedal or some accessories. If you talk to the representitve ask them if there is anything they can do to make the windsor in your budget, since you have been dealing with messed up amps for the better part of a year. You'd be suprised at what they might do to keep a customer.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by guitarstring100
OK guys, I Have a question for you. I Bought the Peavey Vypyr 75 from sweetwater, Thinking it would be a great amp, Six mounts and two amps later. It wasn't a great idea...I play a lot of metal, (mostly metallica) and throw some classic rock, And blues in there too. I Would like an all-around amp, Basically.

So, What amp would you recommend? It's got to be around $350 though, I was looking at the Bandit 112, Or maybe, The valveking 112? I'm only using it for my bedroom though, So probably not.

But here's the catch, It's got to be from sweetwater, I'm only getting store credit. So...Any ideas? TIA

This is will go a little over your budget to get a 1x12 cab. This little Blackstar is an awesome high gain bedroom volume friendly amp

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HT5H/

Don't laugh at this it's a actually well suited to what you're doing

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HT1R/

A 1 watt tube amp is about the same volume as a 20 or 25 watt solid state

A Valveking isn't going to get the kind of gain you want.

If you think a Vypyr sounds bad a Bandit sounds 20 times worse.

EDIT:
Quote by Robbgnarly
look into the 20watt jet city combo you'll need a od/boost to get in to metal, but it is a very well built amp. Sweetwater has one of the best customer service teams from what I have heard.The Windsor studio is a JCM 800 clone and will work well for what you want, and they are cheap, easy mods to mak it really nice.

Definitely check out the JCA20H and a 1x12 cab

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/jet_city_amplification/jca20h_half_stack/index.html

Stick a Bad Monkey or TS9 in front of and you'll get the tone you're after
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by DeathMetalJesus
What about a little low watt blackstar ? Or even that solidstate KerryKing marshall practice amp (since he plays.80s thrash)?

Do NOT buy an MG.

EVER
You want an all round amp and the Vypyr isn't doing it for you? You must be using your amp wrong.

Try swapping out for the Tube version of the Vypyr if you can reach it, or try going for other modeling amps like the Roland Cube XL or the Fender Mustang III.
Is that anmg? Never mind then /hides sømeone should slap me for that.. lol Those Blackstars sound really nice though. I think you can grab an Ht-1 combo for about 2
Last edited by DeathMetalJesus at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Robbgnarly

Well... I was looking into the Jet City JCA20H with the matching cab, Come to find out, Sweetwater doesn't carry any Jet City amps. If they did though, That would be the amp I'd get!

Quote by Robbgnarly
strech your budget to $399 and get the Peavey windsor studio. If that isn't possible go for the Blackstar ht-1r combo and get a pedal or some accessories. If you talk to the representative ask them if there is anything they can do to make the windsor in your budget, since you have been dealing with messed up amps for the better part of a year. You'd be suprised at what they might do to keep a customer.

$350 is about all I can do, So unfortunately the only way I could get the Windson, Is like you said, Call up the representative and everything. So maybe I'll have to do that.

Quote by Willowthewitch
This is will go a little over your budget to get a 1x12 cab. This little Blackstar is an awesome high gain bedroom volume friendly amp

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HT5H/

Don't laugh at this it's a actually well suited to what you're doing

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HT1R/

A 1 watt tube amp is about the same volume as a 20 or 25 watt solid state

Yeah the Blackstar HT-5H would go over budget, With the cab and everything. And the Blackstar HT-1R is just a little small for me. I'd love to get a 50-75W SS, Or a 5-15W tube. That would be about perfect.

But thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll have to look into the Windson some more. That looks about what I'd want.
$350 is about all I can do, So unfortunately the only way I could get the Windson, Is like you said, Call up the representative and everything. So maybe I'll have to do that.

I'd try it worst thing they can say is no. If not look at one of the other modeling amps in your price range, Fender,VOX,Roland, Line 6.

The Ht1 is suprisingly loud, and can drive an external speaker cab, so you can always get another cab eventualy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate