Page 1 of 3
Okay Pit, so last night I went to the Children of Bodom concert in Edmonton, but whatever right? But here's the thing, I went to the concert knowing that without a doubt in my mind that if I would of stayed home, I would get laid by my girlfriend for the first time. To be honest I really don't know why I went to the show at this point, haha, it seems stupid now.

So what I am asking is: has anyone ever chosen music over sex? I am sure that I'm not the only idiot that has done this, haha
Do you have a taste for awful Black Metal? If you do check out Cryptic Gates and let me know what you think!

Quote by senor_penguin
its like a girl having dicks where her nipples should be, you digg?
No. You're an idiot. Sex is better than most things, especially CoB
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Children of Bodom > Virgin Sex
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by jambi_mantra
No. You're an idiot. Sex is better than most things, especially CoB

This
Haha, Don't even worry guys, I'm banging my head against a wall just as much as you are.

And in my defense I was really going for Septicflesh and Obscura.
Do you have a taste for awful Black Metal? If you do check out Cryptic Gates and let me know what you think!

Quote by senor_penguin
Quote by ninja tortois3
You'll have plenty of chances to have sex in your life. Ignore the trolls.

But bands only tour once a lifetime?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
It depends on how much you care about sex. I would have made the same decision, TS (except with a different band).
Quote by jambi_mantra
But bands only tour once a lifetime?

They probably only visit near your hometown once a year, whereas if TS has a steady GF who is ready to go all the way he'll have plenty of opportunity in the future.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Ruination
Haha, Don't even worry guys, I'm banging my head against a wall just as much as you are.

And in my defense I was really going for Septicflesh and Obscura.

No mention of Devin Townsend?! WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!

Hevy Devy > sex.
I believe you've inadvertently hurt your girlfriend's feelings. Which means that now she wants you more than ever to show what you missed. So now your virgin sex will be greater than you ever imagined. TS this is genius

Edit:This is slightly serious
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Last edited by Funky_Fresh91 at Jul 3, 2011,
I personally wouldn't do it for Children of Bodom(sorry but past like 2 or 3 albums have been terrible imo) but I would pick a band I do like over sex anyday. You never know when you'll see that band again: it could be a few months or a few years or possibly even never. You can get sex whenever you want. Okay maybe not whenever you want, but it's a lot easier to get laid than it is to get tickets to a good show.

Not to mention if you're both virgins, the sex is going to suck. Just sayin
One more thing: I am going to assume you're pretty young because most relationships after high school(and sometimes even in high school) sex is pretty quick. The whole "third date" thing isn't a joke, it just becomes casual(hence everyone, including probably your parents OP probably have ****ed a lot of people). So if you don't lose it to this girl then you'll probably lose it to another one pretty soon. This is, again, assuming you're young and a virgin.
First of all Thanks to the people who answered honestly,

@Nirvana00125 Ive actually never asked her if she has had sex before, I just never really wanted to invade her privacy you know? tbh If I really needed to know she would of told me.

EDIT: I'm 16, I know what your saying though, I do genuinely love her, and not just because I like her breasts you know?

Quote by senor_penguin
Last edited by Ruination at Jul 3, 2011,
Sex occurs in life more often than live concerts, so I believe you did the right thing

Although I'd have stayed and do sex several times in a row....
You can get tired from concerts, you can't get tired from sex...
Quote by Ruination
EDIT: I'm 16, I know what your saying though, I do genuinely love her, and not just because I like her breasts you know?

You don't love her, it's infatuation. You two will probably break up, you'll both be upset and then you'll move on to the next girl you 'love'.

Too much?
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
@Brownerz,

I do get what your saying man, but doesn't infatuation last on average 3 to 4 months? I've been dating my girlfriend for 9 months now.

Sorry to get all factual, but I had to study relationships in psychology last semester, haha

Edit: I'm bot going to deny Tge part about breaking up though, I definitely take that in to account

Quote by senor_penguin
Last edited by Ruination at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Ruination
@Brownerz,

I do get what your saying man, but doesn't infatuation last on average 3 to 4 months? I've been dating my girlfriend for 9 months now.

Sorry to get all factual, but I had to study relationships in psychology last semester, haha

You don't love her.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I don't see how would love have anything do with time. You can start loving someone from 1st day being with him/her
Okay, I'm just going to come clean here. I'm actually Ruin's girlfriend, not him himself.

The reason I did this is because well I just needed opinions from people that are similar too him.

I kind of get why he might of taken the concert over me, but doing that is just so out of character for him.

Thanks anyways everyone.

Quote by senor_penguin
Quote by Ruination
@Brownerz,

Edit: I'm bot going to deny Tge part about breaking up though, I definitely take that in to account

Sorry to drive this off topic and all, but infatuation can last any time really...

Point is, it's hard to say that you love someone at such a young age, because you haven't got all the stuff put into context yet.
Not knocking you or anything, everyone goes through this phase. I myself had the thought I was in love with someone at 15. Then I went on a ballin' holiday and thought "The **** am I tying myself down at 15 for?!" and broke up with her. Now I think I was foolish to drop the word "love" so easily and stuff.

But still, enjoy the relationship, say you love her if you must, I'm sure it feels good to have someone, but don't take it super srs until you're living together or something!

Anyway to get a bit more on topic. It would entirely depend on the band or how much cash I'd spent!
Like, if it was a £50 ticket to see a band I'm into, nothing would move me. (£50 isn't a hell of a lot, but I'm jobless wiht poor parents... ).
But if it was like a £15 ticket to go see a band that a friend didn't want to go alone to, then obviously I'd go the opposite way.
If i had the opportunity to do anything public and related to music I like where I'm playing guitar, compared to going out with girls and having the wildest time, I would play guitar. Anyday. I guess sex is good so to say, like every existing human being who's had it has said it was amazing basically, but It doesn't change your mood so to say. Listening and playing to a really good song, if it's sad or happy, will always be much more fulfilling in the end than anything I could ever do.

If I had a life decision, woman, and a normal life, with a well paying, decent job, compared to a career in instrumental rock/experimental stuff, with no women, no guaranteed income. It would be the music. I don't ever want to do anything else in life no-matter what it is because I love music, nothing would make me more happy than to reach out to some souls and just play a wonderful song for them. Screw everything social and academic, that is the only thing I want. Just music. But if I could somehow get in the impossible scenario where I could be with someone, and enjoy my music at the same time, that would be great too.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
If i had the opportunity to do anything public and related to music I like where I'm playing guitar, compared to going out with girls and having the wildest time, I would play guitar. Anyday. I guess sex is good so to say, like every existing human being who's had it has said it was amazing basically, but It doesn't change your mood so to say. Listening and playing to a really good song, if it's sad or happy, will always be much more fulfilling in the end than anything I could ever do.

If I had a life decision, woman, and a normal life, with a well paying, decent job, compared to a career in instrumental rock/experimental stuff, with no women, no guaranteed income. It would be the music. I don't ever want to do anything else in life no-matter what it is because I love music, nothing would make me more happy than to reach out to some souls and just play a wonderful song for them. Screw everything social and academic, that is the only thing I want. Just music. But if I could somehow get in the impossible scenario where I could be with someone, and enjoy my music at the same time, that would be great too.

Wut? Yea it does.

Also you sound like a 14 year old that hasn't been near the real world so it's kinda hard to take this post seriously

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
What's the difference between virgin sex and CoB?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Children of Bodom isn't music.

Hahaha. But yeah, sex isn't a huge deal, but if your girlfriend had planned for you guys to lose your virginities and instead you went to run around with sweaty dudes, you probably ****ed up.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by LolCatGuitar

What the hell are you talking about?
Quote by jambi_mantra
Also you sound like a 14 year old that hasn't been near the real world so it's kinda hard to take this post seriously

According to his profile, he is 14. And only just, too. Silly children.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Nelsean
What's the difference between virgin sex and CoB?

They both suck but CoB lasts for 90 minutes and virgin sex lasts for 90 seconds?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by LolCatGuitar

Bless.
Quote by jambi_mantra
They both suck but CoB lasts for 90 minutes and virgin sex lasts for 90 seconds?

I was trying to think of a way to finish that joke, but I just couldn't get it together.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Wut? Yea it does.

Well, I'm talking in my point of view. I am 14 by the way, so it's not like I've experienced how different/shitty the world is from where I am. I know it's just being 14 and that says absolutely nothing about anything that can happen in life by my/others experience, but it's not like you can always judge someone by physical age compared to mental. I just don't really care about girls and stuff to prioritize it over what I like to do. I don't jerk off a lot either, so it's not like I have these fantisies. I just stopped giving a fuck about people/places/things that I know I wont achieve in life, even at a young age.

And I still don't care if I don't ever get a girlfriend, or have sex, or get married, or have a child by the time I die. I just don't value that enough. It's not even in the list of things I would want to do if I had to put aside my passion. It's really that I'm set forward on stuff to do in life because I know that whatever happens, I only care about being happy. Having a good job, a girlfriend and such is great, I mean nothing wrong with that, but if I could just play a guitar for people that really enjoyed it, I would be set.

I could just do what most 14 year olds do, go to the mall, hang out a lot with friends, flirt with girls, play black ops and minecraft. But instead I say fuck all of that, I'm just going to take my guitar and play for 6-12 hours a day. I don't give a shit if other people don't like that. That's what I love to do, if there were ever a girl that was hot as shit, and really nice that said that she would do whatever for me as long as I stopped playing guitar... Screw her, I got a life of this thing ahead of me, it's the only thing I intend to do. I've heard from multiple people, some who are famous and some who are not, and what they say is "Only do what makes you happy." Because if I'm not happy, why do that?

I wish I was allowed just not to go to school, and stay home all day and just play guitar for 15 hours because I don't want to get good and leave it that I spent all this time, effort and money on gear and playing ability and songwriting, just to make it a hobby. I just don't want to go down a decent path in life with a decent wife/girlfriend, eventually having a child, then getting a job that pays ok, then kinda living out my life like that.

I want to feel like I've done something even if I get fucked over and loose every single penny I have. I just don't want to end up like everybody else when I know I had the chance to get somewhere I could only dream of being. Call me a dumb 14 year old, I don't care I'm just trying to say I don't care where I am in life, what pleasures I can go for and what guilt I'll receive for doing so, I just want to be happy in my own image...

Sorry for the text, i just want to get my point across peacefully...
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I was trying to think of a way to finish that joke, but I just couldn't get it together.

Yea, it took me far too long to think of a way to get it to make sense.

Quote by LolCatGuitar
Well, I'm talking in my point of view. I am 14 by the way, so it's not like I've experienced how different/shitty the world is from where I am. I know it's just being 14 and that says absolutely nothing about anything that can happen in life by my/others experience, but it's not like you can always judge someone by physical age compared to mental. I just don't really care about girls and stuff to prioritize it over what I like to do. I don't jerk off a lot either, so it's not like I have these fantisies. I just stopped giving a fuck about people/places/things that I know I wont achieve in life, even at a young age.

And I still don't care if I don't ever get a girlfriend, or have sex, or get married, or have a child by the time I die. I just don't value that enough. It's not even in the list of things I would want to do if I had to put aside my passion. It's really that I'm set forward on stuff to do in life because I know that whatever happens, I only care about being happy. Having a good job, a girlfriend and such is great, I mean nothing wrong with that, but if I could just play a guitar for people that really enjoyed it, I would be set.

I could just do what most 14 year olds do, go to the mall, hang out a lot with friends, flirt with girls, play black ops and minecraft. But instead I say fuck all of that, I'm just going to take my guitar and play for 6-12 hours a day. I don't give a shit if other people don't like that. That's what I love to do, if there were ever a girl that was hot as shit, and really nice that said that she would do whatever for me as long as I stopped playing guitar... Screw her, I got a life of this thing ahead of me, it's the only thing I intend to do. I've heard from multiple people, some who are famous and some who are not, and what they say is "Only do what makes you happy." Because if I'm not happy, why do that?

I wish I was allowed just not to go to school, and stay home all day and just play guitar for 15 hours because I don't want to get good and leave it that I spent all this time, effort and money on gear and playing ability and songwriting, just to make it a hobby. I just don't want to go down a decent path in life with a decent wife/girlfriend, eventually having a child, then getting a job that pays ok, then kinda living out my life like that.

I want to feel like I've done something even if I get fucked over and loose every single penny I have. I just don't want to end up like everybody else when I know I had the chance to get somewhere I could only dream of being. Call me a dumb 14 year old, I don't care I'm just trying to say I don't care where I am in life, what pleasures I can go for and what guilt I'll receive for doing so, I just want to be happy in my own image...

Sorry for the text, i just want to get my point across peacefully...

Bolded point 1: Yea I can, you've never had a relationship, you've never had a job, you've never had responsibilities. You can't say "I'd choose music over anything" when you haven't tried anything else.

Bolded point 2: Yea just wait till puberty kicks in.

Bolded point 3: Come back to me in 10 years with that attitude and I'll believe you.

I can't even be arsed with the rest. It's written like a true 14 year old. We've all been there, "fuck the world, if I've got my guitar I'll be happy." It doesn't work that way. Things change, you meet people, you grow up.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Just to add, LolCatGuitar, making a career is a lot harder than just saying "**** girls. I have a guitar and that's all that matters."

You need to put some serious time, money and effort into it.
And with your current mindset you'll never make a career as a musician, you have to do a lot of things you don't particularly want to.

Hell I haven't even made a career a musician, I'm just at the starting post and I've had to do week after week of boring, shit, badly paid, etc, gigs just to scrape up bits of cash, which ultimately gets spent on music stuff in hopes to sustain a living from it.

But it's good that you think you can live without anything but your guitar...because that's a lot of what a musician's life is...that and instant noodles.
Page 1 of 3