What's goin on guys.
I just recently got a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster and an
Orange PPC 400 wat 4x12 cab.
I have a Telecaster with Invaders in it and when I play through this thing it's extremely twangy and trebly, which of course is gonna come with a Fender.
I was thinking about throwing a pair of Invaders in my new Gibson Les Paul Studio,
but I'm not exactly sure how it would sound.
I'm looking for something very crunchy, I'm in a Pop-Punk band so. I'm kinda looking for my distinctive sound.
Something around the tone of Four Year Strong something along those lines.
If you guys have any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Invaders sound like absolute shit, so sure, if you want to ruin your tone entirely, then go right ahead.

They're extremely muddy-sounding pickups.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 3, 2011,
I had a friend recommend Dirty Fingers pickups.
He told me they were pretty crunchy. I have not managed to get a chance to play through them though.
Quote by JakeWest187
He told me they were pretty crunchy. I have not managed to get a chance to play through them though.

Doesn't sound like he was talking about pickups. If you know what I'm saying
Quote by JakeWest187

Those are also extremely muddy.

You really don't want more than a medium-high output pickup, IMHO. You already have an amp that has enough gain for the most br00tz metal, so why do you think you want a pickup that has a shitload of output? Really, you'd be best off with a medium to medium-high output pickup, IMHO.

And at the very least, get different pickups for the neck and bridge. Especially if you want a super-high-output-that-distorts-the-clean-channel-on-3 pickup in the bridge.
Quote by JakeWest187
I'm mainly just looking for something with more clearity. A good crunch mostly.

If you want clarity, then you definitely want to back down on the output.

What's your budget? There's a huge selection out there.
I use a les paul with a JB in the bridge for pop punk stuff. Sounds a-m-a-z-i-n-g! go try it
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

I'll look into it. Thanks for the info and everything.
I havn't really done my research with pickups lately.
Quote by sexybacon
Almost $4,000 of gear and 80$ pickups... Get some bareknuckles.

Learn to read the TS said Les Paul studio AKA over priced POS

It's a $400-600 Epiphone with a $300 Head Stock

Maybe even a $1000 worth of Epiphone if has a fancy paint job

Sticking to Duncan's Blackouts are much better for crunch. A good set of active pickups into a quality tube amp like a Mesa = awesome tone
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Maybe try something like SH-5 Custom, if you wan't to stay with duncan's.

Yeah, 59 in the neck, too.

But if you want really great pickups, WCR, Zhangbucker, and Wolfetone are great. Bareknuckles are also great, but the thing is that they're UK-based, and if you live in North America, it's probably better off to get something made in the US instead, since it'll end up being cheaper.

I think part of the reason why everyone goes nuts over BKPs here is because a ton of regulars live in the UK or Ireland, and they don't cost quite as much there. But the shipping costs are probably massive for the US or Canada.
Quote by Willowthewitch

Sticking to Duncan's Blackouts are much better for crunch. A good set of active pickups into a quality tube amp like a Mesa = awesome tone

I can read. An Orange ppc 4X12 + Rectifier is $3,000 alone. "Gear" is a phrase that applies to all of your sound equipment. Also, good pickups can make a world of difference OP.
Quote by Willowthewitch

Huge difference between resale on a pos studio as compared to customized epi........duncan JB if ur on a budget
Quote by Willowthewitch

no offense, but I don't think that you really know anything about guitars.
Quote by al112987
no offense, but I don't think that you really know anything about guitars.

agreed. Blackouts do not = crunch.
Last edited by sexybacon at Jul 3, 2011,
Quote by Willowthewitch

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Duncan SH-4 or SH-6 they are great p/u's for any harder style.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Rossmillertarn!
I use a les paul with a JB in the bridge for pop punk stuff. Sounds a-m-a-z-i-n-g! go try it

I was planning on putting a JB in my Epiphone Les Paul and I also play in a punk band so sounds like I'm making the right choice.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
The thing about Invaders is they are best for thin sounding guitars, like Adler strats and Adler tele's. They don't make everything "muddy as hell", only in thicker, darker sounding woods, like Mahogany, which is what your Les Paul is made out of. A friend of mine has a Tom Delonge Signature Strat (which has an Invader and is made of Adler) that he runs straight too a Mesa Boogie Roadster and it doesn't sound muddy at all.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
good god no
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Darth_jacob22
The thing about Invaders is they are best for thin sounding guitars, like Adler strats and Adler tele's. They don't make everything "muddy as hell", only in thicker, darker sounding woods, like Mahogany, which is what your Les Paul is made out of. A friend of mine has a Tom Delonge Signature Strat (which has an Invader and is made of Adler) that he runs straight too a Mesa Boogie Roadster and it doesn't sound muddy at all.

It's made of German eagles?
Invaders in a Les Paul is like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Holy Katana
It's made of German eagles?

I don't get it. Probably don't want to.

Quote by JAHellraiser
i put a seymour duncan JB in my bridge (epi les paul) about 2yrs ago, and i LOVE IT!!! and i have a jazz in the neck, which provides decent cleans.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Holy Katana
Those are also extremely muddy.

You really don't want more than a medium-high output pickup, IMHO. You already have an amp that has enough gain for the most br00tz metal, so why do you think you want a pickup that has a shitload of output? Really, you'd be best off with a medium to medium-high output pickup, IMHO.

And at the very least, get different pickups for the neck and bridge. Especially if you want a super-high-output-that-distorts-the-clean-channel-on-3 pickup in the bridge.

if you are talking about the origional ones, or at least i think origional (i have two 1980 gibsons that both have them), they don't mud up that easily. i haven't ever tried the dirty fingers that are sold today, but IMO, DF's aren't that muddy.

if you look into the mp3 section of my profile that says gibson sonex clean ampeg 1002, or something along the lines can give you a taste of them clean, but i dont' have any dirty clips.

pardon the sloppy playing, i was using my buddy's iphone, and he lost interest in making clips rather quickly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jul 4, 2011,
Quote by mmjohn
Huge difference between resale on a pos studio as compared to customized epi........duncan JB if ur on a budget

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen and this place can come up with some really stupid shit.

The same thing that makes it a $400-600 epi with a $300 head stock is the same thing that makes it "retain its value" idiots with more dollars than sense. Are more than willing to pay stupid high prices for interior instruments because of a Gibson logo.

Here would be a good example Gibson Studio faded Les Paul $900 poor build quality including the crap finish that makes is a "Faded" in the 1st place.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-studio-pro-faded-electric-guitar

Now compare it to say something like this Ibanez ART700EQM

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-art700eqm-electric-guitar

We can one better with this ESP LTD EC-1000T/CTM

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-ec-1000t-ctm-traditional-custom-electric-guitarhttp://

Fifty dollars less better build and it comes with EMG 81s.

IMHO swapping the 81 in neck for a 60 would imporve the sound.

I don't think anyone would have any problems flipping an LTD EC1000 with EMG pickups.

No offense to the TS I think Ibanez and ESP/LTD are a much better bang for the buck and they retain their value better than an epi so they're just better.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
oh my god. dont turn this into an argument about guitars guys. who cares if you think the studio is an overpriced epi and esp and ibanez are better. He wants different pickups, Im sure he'd know if he wanted a new guitar instea
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]