Okay, so I've got a pretty decent rig going. 2x12 celestian Vintage 30's - 100w tube power amp and boutique pre. Fulltone OCD for OD. Semi-hollow Ibanez for a guitar. Here's what I'm lacking. How do I dial in the lows? I can get the highs (mostly the unwound strings) to really cut through the sound and be really sharp, but as soon as I get to the D string it gets WAY rounded edges. I want the lows to almost be "sharper" than the highs. (Ala Derek Trucks, Jeff Beck, Jimi Herring...etc..)

Any advice?
Thanks!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
hmm, maybe a nice fuzz would fo it?
"Everybody must get stoned!" - Bob Dylan

Well I know that Jeff Beck has the bridge tone knob on his strats all set to zero. Give that a try?
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I'm going with different guitar, semi hollows don't have a defined, tight low end
Beck used Strats, not semi hollows.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Okay, I have a strat also but have the same problem. Also, Derek Trucks uses an SG with hummers.
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
jeff uses a marshall for the bottom end of his setup. what kind of pickups are in your strat? your cab may not have the low end response that you want to begin with. also what are your tone settings? as for trucks sound he uses a solid body mahogany guitar which has more low end to it to begin with.
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
Well I know that Jeff Beck has the bridge tone knob on his strats all set to zero. Give that a try?

strats usually don't have a tone control for the bridge pickup.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.