I'm a drummer in 1 band, I was playing there for about... 3 months, not sure as I can't seem to remember.

Anyway, from the very start of our repetitions I pointed out that I don't like the repetition place that we rent, because

1) It's a dirty, messy, smelly place in an old abandoned factory built ages ago

2) The drums are horribly set up, they are in terrible condition: the toms are totally out of tune, the pedals are very inconvenient, all the cymbals are on the verge of destruction with cracks, basically I'm even afraid to play them because they seem like they gonna crack open after a few songs and I don't want to pay for the repair

3) The PA system here is set up very poorly and most of the time we experience trouble with microphones.

That's the short description of where we play. I kept reminding that I don't like it since the very start, but it seems they are ignoring this issue

I even looked for other studios, and there are A LOT of studios here in my town, and they are even LESS expensive than this hole. The only thing worse in those studios than this, is the lack of space for all the crazy things they apparently "want to do" on the stage.

I'm going to take this up to them seriously very soon.

Just wanted to know, am I just in my actions? I mean, during repetition, we must learn to play together, they can practice all their handbanging and jumping at their houses. As a note, it takes me 1 hour to get to the place= I live out of town, so basically 1h to get to town.

So?
Yeah, I would definitely have a chat with them. Seems like your bandmates are more concerned with image at the moment, not a good way to start.
Oh I just remembered something

They wanted to hire a guy to make a band logo for us for 30 euro, meaning I'd have to pay 1/5= 6 euro, they didn't EVEN ASK ME about this, just told me to give the money.

Well I said that there's no way I'd pay, also said that we should make it ourselves, and it'd be free
Quote by Zeletros
Oh I just remembered something

They wanted to hire a guy to make a band logo for us for 30 euro, meaning I'd have to pay 1/5= 6 euro, they didn't EVEN ASK ME about this, just told me to give the money.

Well I said that there's no way I'd pay, also said that we should make it ourselves, and it'd be free

If the guy's a good designer/artist, it could be worth the money
Quote by JetPackBlues
If the guy's a good designer/artist, it could be worth the money

Look at band logos of all the bands... It's just a cool font with the band name, maybe a little icon and some curves.

Nowadays, we can do all that ourselves...
For all financial issues with a band, everyone has equal say because everyone is paying equally. The band space should be discussed, the logo you shouldn't have to pay for.

They couldn't possibly know whether other places aren't big enough for all their crazy stuff because they haven't checked out all the other places.

So basically I'm with you dude. If this continues just quit. If you can't agree on simple financial issues like this, your band won't survive anyway.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yes, sit them down and talk it out. As for the logo, as long as it looks good the €3 isn't a lot.
If I were you, I'd find another band.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by AlanHB
For all financial issues with a band, everyone has equal say because everyone is paying equally. The band space should be discussed, the logo you shouldn't have to pay for.

They couldn't possibly know whether other places aren't big enough for all their crazy stuff because they haven't checked out all the other places.

So basically I'm with you dude. If this continues just quit. If you can't agree on simple financial issues like this, your band won't survive anyway.

Well, they claim to have checked them.

I myself checked some of them. And they're not as big as that factory spot, but they are much more attractive places and much more reliable.

Sometimes we have to wait 20+ minutes for the guard to show up with keys to the place
Quote by Zeletros
Look at band logos of all the bands... It's just a cool font with the band name, maybe a little icon and some curves.

Nowadays, we can do all that ourselves...

I know something about graphic design but it's not all that easy

6 euros is nothing for a good logo.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
TS how does that not bug the hell out of you? Unless you guys are good I would have already quit. I've tried playing with most people that would be interested around where I live and I'm just done with dealing with their sh*t.

Until I can find a way to join my friend's band that's 4 hours away, I'm just writing solo. It's kinda cool. I still write with a few people sometimes but it's more like someone who's a tease, you can kinda touch the songs I'm writing but you can't get inside them and change them
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by Flibo
I know something about graphic design but it's not all that easy

6 euros is nothing for a good logo.

^This.

Alot of people/bands think that doing it themselves is the best way but in the end, having a designer professionally create you something, even if it costs, produces a better product.

OP, as a graphic designer myself, I can say that that is a good deal for a logo. IF the guy is professionally trained and does quality work. I'd check out his portfolio though.

As far as the problem at hand: If you plan to stay with that band, sit them down and let them know you're serious. If they value your being in the band then they better value your opinion on things like practice space.
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
Talk to them about the new practice place and explain how you cant work under those conditions, dont forget to mention that image wont do them any good if there is no good music going with it, and by the looks of things they are more concerned about looks...

if rational thought and common sense are foreign to them - quit/abuse your position as a drummer, there are crap-load of guitarists and fair amount of bassists (may vary), but drummers are rare, you dont have much to loose if you quit, new project will present itself in no time
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
i dont tihnk 6 euro is anything worth the arguming over...i know principles are kind of at play here (you went behind my back) but still...