How is the Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12? Since there is no review here on UG and I cant find it in my local musicstores, Id like to know how it is from those who have tried it.
It will probably go with a Engl Gigmaster 15 (E315) head.
How is its durability and sound? I will use a 7 string for Korn style music and a 6 string for rock with a lot of cleans and Nu-Metal in Papa Roach style.
//Lyrax
Thiele cabs are awesome. Some of the first ported cabs I think. If it's an older one with an EVM12L it'll slay. The newer ones with the Black Shadows are nice too, but not as clean and punchy as the EVM12L ones.
Yep. Keep in mind that some will have the EVM12L labelled as a Black Shadow. The Black Shadow label doesn't specify one speaker, its just a label that Mesa puts on all their speakers, my Mark IV has an EVM12L, with the Black Shadow label on it. You can tell if its an EVM because it will be rated for 200 watts.
we have the older one in the other room.

i found the EVM-12L to have an incredible amount of headroom and attack. doesn't seem to like a bunch of gain and can be criticized as having a 'tin-like' sound; but does really shine with some power amp distortion for a punchy sound.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
^Really? I find it works very well with a lot of gain. I like it a lot better than V30's with rig.
Quote by littlephil
^Really? I find it works very well with a lot of gain. I like it a lot better than V30's with rig.

i guess i need to amend that. i only have 1 'high gain' amplifier (orange OR50H) and i didn't like it too much with that amp. i just plugged the H&K triamp into it and compared it to the 4x12 we have loaded with reeves purples.

the mesa did sound a bit tight, but it had quite a bit more low end than the reeves and actually sounded quite good. seems like that mesa cab likes 'real' high gain amps.

no matter what i plug into the mesa it has awesome punch, it spits.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The newer ones have a Black Shadow/Celestion MC-90, which is the same speaker that comes in the Mark IV combos and some of their other cabs too. Its not a bad speaker by any means, it may or may not suit you better than an EVM
There's no way to tell without trying it really.
well I cant really find any of them so I cant try them. Do you know how the old ones and the new ones differ in sound?