Ok i normaly play minor pentatonics with bluesy stuff. anyway ive moved onto the natural minor and major scales. i know how to find the relavent minor for each major scale key but. where im having a bit of trouble is now i know majors happy and minors sad but im havning a bit of trouble getting a feel how to make licks and riffs with em.

ive looked on youtube but all the stuff i can find for ideas is too out of my current technichal ability. could sumone give me some ideas please or direct me to sumwere online i can get a better feel n lick ideas for em please?

this is for lead playing. thanks alot
You should memorize what each note sounds like in the scale. At this point im guessing you know what the Minor Pentatonic sounds like throughout the scale, so making licks to you is probably all in the moment based on what you want to sound like.
Do the same with these scales, learn their intervals and sounds, so that eventually your "Reletive Pitch" is pretty good and you don't need to learn "licks" you can just play music!
Quote by tappooh
e---------5------
b--5-6-8--8-6--

cycle it over and over

thanks man i can do that fairly well but i was hoping for somthing with a bit more flavor with bends and maby a few slides and stuff you know. to get me into feeling it more i dunno.
Quote by macashmack
You should memorize what each note sounds like in the scale. At this point im guessing you know what the Minor Pentatonic sounds like throughout the scale, so making licks to you is probably all in the moment based on what you want to sound like.
Do the same with these scales, learn their intervals and sounds, so that eventually your "Reletive Pitch" is pretty good and you don't need to learn "licks" you can just play music!

i like that thinking thanks alot!