Practice and more practice. The reason why Lennon and McCartney are great songwriters is because they just wrote loads during their teenage years. So when they were adults, they wrote masterpieces easily because they had already written their bad songs.

Of course, LSD might help...
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
If you're not in the mood to write Beatle like songs at the expense of a drug addiction, try thinking of random ideas and mashing them together. Also, work with a songwriting partner and change your style constantly. The Beatles explored pop, rock, psychedelic music, hard rock, folk rock, and indian music during their 10 year reign as superstars. Try to write songs using each of these styles.
it really depends on what kind of Beatles songs you're after. try getting into some surrealism. if it's that kind of thing you're looking for, it could probably help you quite a bit. you might try automatic writing. stream of consciousness.

or if it's the earlier stuff, try falling love. you'll have so much to write about.
and then fall out of love (or, better yet, have someone fall out of love with you). it'll do wonders for your writing.
Quote by Jearl
it really depends on what kind of Beatles songs you're after. try getting into some surrealism. if it's that kind of thing you're looking for, it could probably help you quite a bit. you might try automatic writing. stream of consciousness.

or if it's the earlier stuff, try falling love. you'll have so much to write about.
and then fall out of love (or, better yet, have someone fall out of love with you). it'll do wonders for your writing.

Of course it also matters what kinds of drugs.
Depends on what sound when they started out it was more poppy. As the counter culture became more prevalent drugs were introduced and made the music a trip. Also Paul and Lennon had different styles.
I love the beatles! My advice get a good structure set out ex. verse, chorus, verse, etc.
Pick a key and make a good melody with some badass lyrics and you got a good mix.
Be creative use weird chords, effects if you want, and LSD!
Put a Beatles CD on - listen to it quite a few times (for several days in a row). Then take a break.

Forget about it. Give it a few more days, and then have a go at writing!
The Beatles music wasn't very complex, it was actually rather simple, and their lyrics weren't all that great either. I think they got lucky, and became famous, kinda like Justin Briber or whatever his name is.

Yes, I'm that guy who doesn't like the Beatles because I realize they weren't really all that good in the first place.

Also, drugs, lots and lots of drugs, it's the only way, cause the Beatles did nothing but drugs, like most other 60's bands, was the thing to do back then.

EDIT: ^ What the heck man? Rasing a freshly dead thread, why man? Why? Oh...July, 2011, that explains it.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jul 28, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
The Beatles music wasn't very complex, it was actually rather simple, and their lyrics weren't all that great either. I think they got lucky, and became famous, kinda like Justin Briber or whatever his name is.

Yes, I'm that guy who doesn't like the Beatles because I realize they weren't really all that good in the first place.

Also, drugs, lots and lots of drugs, it's the only way, cause the Beatles did nothing but drugs, like most other 60's bands, was the thing to do back then.

EDIT: ^ What the heck man? Rasing a freshly dead thread, why man? Why? Oh...July, 2011, that explains it.

you're an idiot..
Soak your fingers in tomato sauce. It's the only way. Srsly.