So my Ibanez Hollowbody gives a lot of feedback but in pretty much only the A note anywhere on the guitar. Not so much on the first strings but it's worse as I hit the lower A's. Anyone ever heard of something like this before and have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks, Michael
It sounds like there is something on your guitar with a resonant frequency that corresponds with A.. 440HZ, 880Hz, 1760Hz, etc...

Only reason i could see every A giving feedback more than any other note..

I would take it into a guitar shop and ask a tech if they know what the problem is and if it can be fixed.. did this just recently start?

EDIT: the resonance could also be from your amp, you didn't specify if it happened while the guitar was plugged in or not..
Last edited by Zeppelin Addict at Jul 3, 2011,
It's been giving feedback ever since I got it But I only noticed it was the A note a few weeks ago. Yea it's only when it's plugged into the amp and it's even worse if I have my Ibanez Tubescreamer in.
Lower your pickups' height ever so slightly.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Worse with the tubescreamer makes sense because its job is to boost the gain of the signal.

Try playing your guitar unplugged to see if your A notes are noticeably louder than any other, if they arent the problem shouldnt be your guitar but possibly your amp..

If you have any other guitars try them with your amp to see if the resonance/feedback continues.

Finally, I would move your amp around and play it in different spots of your house, you could also be resonating the room.. everything has a resonant frequency.

If moving your amp doesnt stop it then there is most likely something wrong with it and i would take it in somewhere to get it checked out..
Quote by mikenaza
It's been giving feedback ever since I got it But I only noticed it was the A note a few weeks ago. Yea it's only when it's plugged into the amp and it's even worse if I have my Ibanez Tubescreamer in.
If you can get that guitar to feedback when it's not plugged into the amp I'll buy it for double what you paid for it.
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
Worse with the tubescreamer makes sense because its job is to boost the gain of the signal.

Try playing your guitar unplugged to see if your A notes are noticeably louder than any other, if they arent the problem shouldnt be your guitar but possibly your amp..

If you have any other guitars try them with your amp to see if the resonance/feedback continues.

Finally, I would move your amp around and play it in different spots of your house, you could also be resonating the room.. everything has a resonant frequency.

If moving your amp doesnt stop it then there is most likely something wrong with it and i would take it in somewhere to get it checked out..

Yea it's not really the amp that's the issue. I think the big factor is the room like you were saying. I have everything set up in a small bedroom which isn't that great.
Quote by BobDetroit
If you can get that guitar to feedback when it's not plugged into the amp I'll buy it for double what you paid for it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't give feedback when it's not plugged in . . . I can't even fathom what that would sound like.
Sometimes people put foam inside the holes to remove unwanted feedback.

You could try it before more drastic action.
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
I think you discovered why people invented solid body guitars. Malcom Young infamously stuffed his socks in his guitar to stop it from feeding back..
Quote by BobDetroit
I think you discovered why people invented solid body guitars. Malcom Young infamously stuffed his socks in his guitar to stop it from feeding back..

Yea I've put newspaper in it before I didn't help that much. Covering the F holes help a little.
Quote by Eddy~
Sometimes people put foam inside the holes to remove unwanted feedback.

You could try it before more drastic action.

I've tried that, it's kinda hard sticking the foam in the hole . . . I've always wondered if I should just cut a hole in the back and stuff it through there.
Don't cut a hole in it. That will ruin it ><

Just stuff socks in it. Cloth will absorb more vibration than paper.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Don't cut a hole in it. That will ruin it ><

Just stuff socks in it. Cloth will absorb more vibration than paper.

Should I roll the socks up in pairs then stick them in? Also am I supposed to pack the guitar to the brim or what.
It happens on acoustic guitars, like on mine, if I play a open A, and the monitor is too loud pointed at my soundhole, it will create resonance and it will sound like feed back, luckly, I have a notch filter to dampen that frequency to prevent that.

You need to play farther away from your amp and or use less volume.