Been awhile since I posted here, but its been awhile since I had internet as well. This is my newest song, just finished not too long ago. If you remember the last songs I uploaded they were all part of an interconnected story, this continues that story. Its a bit lengthy, and its by no means something you can just sit back and enjoy as easy listening. You kind of have to think while you listen, which is what I like, so it may not be for all. But whatever advice you have, leave me a link and I will check out your stuff as well!

http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/interval-5

Lyrics:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Parallel Infinities, Interval 5:
The Waves As They Crash Against The Stars
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Our minds are the Earth atop the sea
A fragile ship drifting amongst cosmic waves
Immersed in this obtuse reality
Minds separate and drown alone
Winds guide our consciousness to the skies
Where our bodies rest on the clouds of Sol
The sea and clouds drift away, lost forever to the stars

The black hole inside you is devouring your form
Slowly drowning Earth in the sea

Galaxies fall apart
Crumble lifelessly into colliding...
Waves crash against the stars drowning them in our seas
Swallowed with the Earth
Infinity is the only thing I'll long for
Just one more century
To undo all that I have …
Done to this world, to myself
But I shall remain
Pariah Unforgiven

Our minds we're the Earth atop the sea
A fragile ship drifting amongst cosmic waves
Drowning in this obtuse reality
Minds separate and die alone

Galaxies fall apart
Crumble lifelessly into colliding...
Waves crash against the stars drowning them in our seas
Swallowed with the Earth
Infinity is the only thing I'll long for
Just one more century
To undo all that I have …
Done to this world, to myself
But I shall remain
Pariah Unforgiven
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
It was great. I know asking for a download is greedy, but it was awesome. Is it available to download?
Currently no there isn't, we are waiting to have these professionally mastered, then more than likely there will be some free music.
Lascaille's Shroud

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

Last edited by The Uncreator at Jul 4, 2011,
Amazing composition. Great synth work. Beginning is kind of repetitive and takes awhile to build up, but given that this is progressive, it makes sense. Vocals sound good.

It would take me ages to go through this section-by-section and make recommendations, but there isn't really much to criticize on a whole. It flows extremely well except at a couple points. There were a few places that didn't quite grab me, but I'm just nitpicking at this point. The keyboards at 7:16 and 11:39 sound wonderful, but the melody they're playing doesn't seem to come off as "epic" to me (though I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, so I could just be spouting BS. lol)

Honestly though, this is a wonderful composition.

Crit mine if you'd like. It's keyboard-driven instrumental epic metal.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457809
Thanks for the advice, I am still new to EWQL (its an older version from 07, but still good) so I am sure I have a lot to learn to make the strings sound as big as they should.

Will take a listen at your stuff shortly.
Lascaille's Shroud

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

The Uncreator,
Keyboards sound quite nice and the drums are working fine. I assume that is palm-muted guitar I now hear, it sounds good, as now does the distorted guitar (could be tighter at times though). Vocals are pretty heavy (and a bit pirate-like)! I think the song is good overall, though I think it could be shorter. I like the guitar at the end! Right now I'm at a library & it won't let me copy & paste a link, so I'll have to manually type it in. If that doesn't work, please check out my music in one of the recent threads:

www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456385
Your tracks get more unique as they come I'd say!

Anyone, critting as I listen:

The echoes on the delay'd perc in the intro feels a bit annoying, maybe a bit too rich in mids?

Snare came a bit like a shocker, but I think that's just the production that made it stand out. The strings feel a bit meh programmed, but all sample libraries take a while to get used to. Take a good look around in EWQL, sometimes the modwheel samples can be quite good even for fast stuff, though it take a lot of fiddling around. Love the change in beat at around the 2 min mark!

Break and the build-up thereafter are great. The palm-muted guitar is somewhat high and jumps up over everything else though, feels just a tad untight once or twice.

The song-writing feels solid so far, but the entrance of vocals is a bit out-of-the-blue - I'd have wanted them to coincide with the release of a dramatic build-up or the like.

07:00 somewhere the strings feel really middy, are you going for a radio filter effect? Gave a somewhat disjointed impression either way.

Anyway, these are the things that stood out to me, it's a great track on the whole. Your songwriting and sense of structure is simply impeccable! You make these 10-15 minutes, largely instrumental tracks feel very coherent in a great way.

C4C link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458047
Wow you really know how to build up an atmosphere, those synths sound truly amazing, like not just how they sound but the patterns and progressions you create with them are really beautiful. Some sections of this song would work really well as a movie soundtrack or something, they're really atmospheric and complement the lyrics perfectly.

This is obviously a synth-based track but I think if you worked on the guitars a bit and had some stand out melodies or riffs that acted as a sort of climax to the synth work, it could make the track even better. Like i dunno if you've heard of the band Insomnium, they have heaps of really atmospheric stuff but always have some sweet guitar parts to complement them and sort of just give a different texture to the song if you know what I mean.

Overall it's a really awesome song, I would download it if it wasn't like 200mb . I applaud you for being so ambitious, and i really like the way you've structured the song so it never gets boring.

My new track Envenomate:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/crushingmetal/music/all/play1019752
Thanks for all the comments guys, Heading to work soon but when I get back I'll take a listen to all the songs above!
Lascaille's Shroud

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud