I have an Ibanez RG420, 14 year old guitar but still in great shape despite the wear on it from being genuinely played.

But my problem is, my low E string and D string, makes a buzzing sound when I strike them, and its not fret buzz! I know what fret buzz is, and its definitely not it. I was tinkering with it, and I found out that the buzz sound or the sound that prohibits the E or D string from clearly ringing, is my damn bridge pickup. I don't get it. It's never happened before since I've had this guitar. When I fiddle with the pickup in its pup cavity, and move a bit with my finger, the buzz goes away for a bit, and it comes back randomly.

I just had to take it all apart a week before to replace the springs in the pup cavities that allow me to raise and lower it, installed new trim covers or whatever they are called, and it still happens and pisses me off. Any suggestions?

And its not the strings hitting the pups either, its like the bridge pup vibrates with the E and D string.

Thanks guys.
Try taking it to a luthier - sounds like the pup isn't as tight as it needs to be, maybe.
try replacing the springs with rubber surgical tubing. I have that problem with my bridge pickup too, it's a bitch and a half when playing at high volume cause it feeds back like hell. if that doesn't work, stick some foam under the pickup.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The same thing happened to the neck pickup of my ibanez. Is it INF? I replaced the pickup and the mounting screws a couple of days ago and I've had no problems since then.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

See if the washers on your tuners are loose. Loose washers can cause mystery buzzes.