so a couple months ago i recieved an esteban acoustic as a gift. I have played a decent amount of acoustics and honestly this one is suprisingly decent! The action could be slightly lower but the sound is decent. Since i don't want to purchase another acoustic i figured i could just upgrade this to get a better sound for a decent price? Would changing the nut, saddles, and pre-amp be worth it and make a noticeable sound difference?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
you're one of the very few people i've ever heard from that felt their esteban is decent. if you actually like it, it's worth upgrading. changing the strings will make the most difference in tone. changing to a good quality bone nut and saddle will make a difference, but changing to low quality (more porous) bone may make a lot less difference.

filing the nut and shaping the saddle require special tools that also cost money. you can find them at stew-mac.com. or you can pay a professional to do the work, at which point after paying for electronics, decent nut and saddle, plus tools or luthier, you've put out enough money to buy another guitar - not a great one, but a good entry level model.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
well i already put elixers on it which has made a great difference i think most people who say these guitars are complete crap were mainly beginners who hadnt given the time to set them up properly and change the strings. About 99.9% of the time factory strings are crap and the ones on this guitar were. Aside from the preamp i think its only going to cost a fair amount to change the saddle and bridge pins. I would change the preamp but possibly later because i rarely ever plug it in its more of a perk i guess. I was curious how much does it normally cost to have a professional to change the nut because i really dont know much about it and would rather have them do it.
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
actually every single person i've known who say estebans suck were very knowledgeable and experienced. esteban, btw, isn't a real person - he's a persona invented to promote these guitars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esteban

the company also lies about the electronics, and is being sued by fishman
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97687&highlight=Esteban
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/03/prweb5168084.htm
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
well maybe its a hit or miss with the quality i cant explain it, but all im saying is mine is a somewhat decent quality and i was wondering if putting some money into it would make a somewhat noticeable difference in sound because im only putting enough out there to buy another entry level guitar (which i obviously dont want) so id rather try to upgrade this but i just was wondering if i would be getting some noticeable sound differences?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby