Poll: which intro is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: which intro is better?
Layla
37 42%
Johnny b Goode
33 38%
Neither
18 20%
Voters: 88.
Poll on the way guys,

I wanted to get your feedback on this.
Me and my friend were arguing about which intro is better between
Johnny b Goode or Layla.

I think johnny b Goode...

What do you guys think?
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Layla. I've always found Chuck Berry ridiculously overrated. Maybelline is the only song by him I kind of like. Plus Layla features Duane Allman, so it gets extra points.
I like chuck berry's intro better.
But the intro can get pretty boring as he uses it in most songs but variates it a little bit.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Jul 3, 2011,
Layla B. Goode.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Layla. Cuz my doggeh's called Layla. However, Clapton should keep his mouth shut and just play the guitar instead.
I gotta say, Fred Durst is the better frontman.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by guitar12

I almost cried at the end, had me going right up until Stan looks up at the sun and there's shit on it, then I lul'd. I love how they ended it with that episode.
The Johnny B. Goode intro was "stolen"/borrowed w/e from an old jazz song or something - so don't you come here and tell me it's generic.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkQWv18Trw0 From 1946.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Last edited by GuitarViking at Jul 3, 2011,
Johnny B. Goode and Chuck Berry in general practically paved the way to rock and roll as well as blues-rock, but I prefer Layla's intro.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by Colgate Total
The acoustic version of Layla was crappy and terrible, so Johnny B. Goode.

Fixed
Layla.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Fixed

you sir are wrong... but you are entitled to your opinion, so go ahead and say what ya wanna say. for me tho, i cant compare the 2. best intro ever? lady grinning soul by bowie
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Johnny B. Goode's intro beats Layla's down to the ground... Isn't this obvious?

Although I would still say the actual 'riff' for Layla is a big contender of being the greatest ever.
I vote for the Layla outro. I turn the station when Layla comes on and turn it back in time for the outro.
Quote by Dragforce92
you sir are wrong... but you are entitled to your opinion, so go ahead and say what ya wanna say. for me tho, i cant compare the 2. best intro ever? lady grinning soul by bowie

Yeah, I don't really believe that. It was just more acceptable to me than him thinking that Layla was shit in general.
Got to be Layla, i love the way that intro riff repeats and builds, from rythm, to the first lead guitar, ten the intro mini solo/high up riff.

Im not a great Chuck Berry person, i find the Johnny B Goode intro a bit average
Voodoo Child
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Layla
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
No vs threads.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o